Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Model railway enthusiasts

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
I've permission to build an 8 x 4 00 gauge model railway in the shed. It'll be cladded out to stop any condensation and have decent security.

Anyone else partake? Any local clubs worth joining or shops worth visiting?

Always wanted to do this but starting completely from scratch as a total novice.

Any tips or pointers appreciated.

I also have a grandson on the way so have an excuse.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've permission to build an 8 x 4 00 gauge model railway in the shed. It'll be cladded out to stop any condensation and have decent security.

Always wanted to do this but starting completely from scratch as a total novice.

Here

Attachments

• IMG_0344.PNG
    IMG_0344.PNG
    587.4 KB · Views: 612

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Why bother when you've got a full size one at the top of your garden?!
Your preferred not to be forgiven then?!!

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010

I have a large quantity of 'OO' guage, mostly unused, which I wish to dispose of as I never ever found space to create a decent permanent layout.

PM me if you are interested.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
e7d87e19b8c80956eaf7e2935356c38d--the-train-nerd-humor.jpg

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

This is my life passion other than BHAFC, if you're looking to get some decent stuff for the railway I'd try gaugemaster next to Ford station, a warehouse full of model railways, can find any gauge, any country they'll have it, definitely worth the trip out to Ford

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

My father in law suggested these guys.

http://www.hastingsmrc.org.uk

http://www.uckfieldmrc.co.uk/exhib17nf.html

http://www.newhavendmrc.com/category/club-news/

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I've no idea why, but i ended up at a model railway exhibition by accident last year. I observed that all the people operating the layouts were clones. 60+, bald on top, tank tops or wooly jumpers, glasses and everyone there stunk of BO. I wouldn't go as far as to publicly say they all looked like paedophiles, but...

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I've no idea why, but i ended up at a model railway exhibition by accident last year. I observed that all the people operating the layouts were clones. 60+, bald on top, tank tops or wooly jumpers, glasses and everyone there stunk of BO. I wouldn't go as far as to publicly say they all looked like paedophiles, but...

By accident? ........ ??? Right oh :lolol:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Not a fan then :lolol:

Or were you at the BBC?

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home

I have an 8'x4' OO layout as a work in progress. That is I have built the base board, laid the track & started the wiring.
You are most welcome to come over and take a look/learn from my mistakes if you wish.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Model railways are often a suitable substitute for a wife that has walked out on you.
Especially the wives who are asked to wear a cap, wave a flag and blow a whistle when it's bedtime.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Bought a digital set, with extra Eurostar and Mallard Locos for son aged 10, and put it all on a 8x4, with extra pick up points etc.

I've got to say, they were always a faff, and digital is even more temperamental than analogue imo.

I'm at the point of converting it all back to analogue, or getting an 'expert' in, to sort it out once and for all, as it hasn't been used for nearly a year now.... And dont even get me started on Scalectrix..! :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Model railways are for weirdos, social inadequates and serial killers.

There, I said it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here