Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex expansion..never say never!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
:lol: :lol: West stand upper upper anyone? :D

World Cup stadiums come in all shapes and sizes but next year’s tournament in Russia will break new ground with fans at one venue seated outside.

Architects working on the Ekaterinburg Arena have come up with a unique answer to the tricky question: how do you seat the Fifa-sanctioned minimum of 35,000 spectators when the stadium has a capacity of many thousands less? Simply build a stand outside.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...inburg-arena-seating-built-outside-venue-fifa

5156.jpg

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
:lol: :lol: West stand upper upper anyone? :D

World Cup stadiums come in all shapes and sizes but next year’s tournament in Russia will break new ground with fans at one venue seated outside.

Architects working on the Ekaterinburg Arena have come up with a unique answer to the tricky question: how do you seat the Fifa-sanctioned minimum of 35,000 spectators when the stadium has a capacity of many thousands less? Simply build a stand outside.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...inburg-arena-seating-built-outside-venue-fifa

View attachment 89964

It's like the Worthing Beach stand at Withdean...

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Looks shit.

Think we should have been designed to have 35k if England ever got a world cup? Brighton would be a great host city. Could we squeeze 4750 in somewhere?

The capacity is 30,750 I think. So only 4250 extra to squeeze in.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I wouldn't feel safe on ANY of that. Especially if it was windy.

It's just a giant (and massively raised) stand from Withdean isn't it?

Especially if there's a ruddy GOAL and everyone starts leaping about. Or doing that thing we used to do at Withdean when everyone stamped their feet. Gave me the right willies that did.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If ONLY there was countries around the World that were completely World Cup Ready.

Oh hang on...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This is what the English bid lost to? What a joke.

It's the primary reason we lost. England could stage a World Cup tomorrow, but FIFA would much rather take it somewhere that needs major investment in stadiums and infrastructure. Big lucrative contracts on lots of vanity projects, $$$ flying around all over the place along with the incumbent kickbacks that will inevitably be part of it all. And left behind after the party is over - a whole series of white elephants, and local economies decimated with debt to pay for them.

Its the FIFA way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here