Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So why is the Everton game on the Sunday?

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Apologies if this fixtures but did we ever find out why the Everton game is being played on a Sunday?

It isn't being televised.

I assumed it was due to Europa League but it isn't. All that it says on PL website is that it was Club & PL agreement.

Any ideas?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So we lose a Saturday 3pm game just so that a bunch of plastics who don't give a shit about us can watch it on a big screen in INDIA.

FFS. You couldn't make it up.

Brovion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Blimey. For all the reasons for shifting a Brighton game I do think that's the first time it's ever been done "so it can be shown on big screens in India". Welcome to top-level, market-driven football in the 21st century.

Or to put it another way:

"Bluddy Indians watching our football! It ain't right."

Or we can look at it this way - if we perform well we may gain some new fans in India.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Or we can look at it this way - if we perform well we may gain some new fans in India.

We won't. We really won't.

Foreign football fans are only interested in the Big 6 - hence the grubby little meeting today where they're going to lobby for a greater slice of the International rights. Bipin in Bangalore won't have heard of us before the Everton game, and will have no interest in us afterwards either. We're not in the Champions League, we're not competing at the "right end", nobody has heard of any of our players. There is no glory in supporting Brighton. Any notion that we're going to be selling fasands of shirts in Mumbai in a few years is utter,utter bobbins.

Bumping those all-too-rare Saturday 3pm games because of a jumble sale at the Uni is one thing. But doing it just to bung it on a big screen in Bangalore in front of a few disinterested locals and a couple of cows almost beyond parody.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway

We've already got one. I'd like to think Inigo will be somewhere in India tucked up under his Albion duvet cover with a pile of poppadoms and a bowl of mango chutney for the game.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We won't. We really won't.

Foreign football fans are only interested in the Big 6 - hence the grubby little meeting today where they're going to lobby for a greater slice of the International rights. Bipin in Bangalore won't have heard of us before the Everton game, and will have no interest in us afterwards either. We're not in the Champions League, we're not competing at the "right end", nobody has heard of any of our players. There is no glory in supporting Brighton. Any notion that we're going to be selling fasands of shirts in Mumbai in a few years is utter,utter bobbins.

Bumping those all-too-rare Saturday 3pm games because of a jumble sale at the Uni is one thing. But doing it just to bung it on a big screen in Bangalore in front of a few disinterested locals and a couple of cows almost beyond parody.

I hope we get a beam-back to the Amex of the thousands of Indians celebrating as each Albion goal goes in.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
So we can look forward to hearing જો તમે મહેલને ધિક્કારશો તો ઊભા રહો or अगर आप महल से नफरत करते हैं तो खड़े हो जाओ ringing out can we ?
(“Stand up if you hate Palace” in Gujarati & Hindi)

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
So we can look forward to hearing જો તમે મહેલને ધિક્કારશો તો ઊભા રહો or अगर आप महल से नफरत करते हैं तो खड़े हो जाओ ringing out can we ?
No you have it the wrong way round. The big screen is in india not the amex.

This one isnt a beamback.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
We already have 3 in my office in Dubai. That being said I have had to teach them its not played with a cricket bat.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

It's in Bangalore - the main languages are Kannada, Tamil and Telegu. It's about a 1000 miles from Gujarat, it's a bit like asking if a game televised in Turkey will have subtitles in Swedish :wink:

And no, I don't know Stand up if you hate Palace in Kannada

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
It's in Bangalore - the main languages are Kannada, Tamil and Telegu. It's about a 1000 miles from Gujarat, it's a bit like asking if a game televised in Turkey will have subtitles in Swedish :wink:

I thought they spoke English and French in Kannada?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne

Marvellous pedantry.
(Oh and it’s ನೀವು ಅರಮನೆಯನ್ನು ದ್ವೇಷಿಸಿದರೆ ಎದ್ದುನಿಂತು apparently)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here