Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Highlights of Checkatrade vs Oxford Utd

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
That last penalty was very Hemed like, nicely rolled into the bottom corner.

ALBION28

Jul 26, 2011
DONCASTER
A really enjoyable game. Our lads played a high intensity and skilful game.
Sanchez in goal was commanding and delivered some excellent and accurate kicks to our players. Great penalty save and was close to one more.
Morrison at right back was quick and strong needs to work on delivery when he is in the final third.
Moore at centreback struggled at times.
Kerr alongside him showed quality but was overpowered in the air too frequently.
Cox really good going forward, always a threat and tenacious in defence.
Collar excellent in midfield, ball winner and great distribution.
Sanders struggled at times against a more mature Oxford line up but never gave up.
Mandriou was very creative and what a goal.
Wide man Ahannach was a handful. Lovely control great turn of speed. Oxford struggled to keep him away.
Wide right was Tilley, sharp and swift, rode challenges well and a great strike putting us back in the game.
Alzate had the hard task of lone wolf up front, not his best position I think but he might have had a couple of goals if he had been braver.
No subs used, not necessary. A good call I thought as the team needed little tinkering. Having watched a number of youth and under 21/23 games I do wonder why we never seem to want to sign a young Glenn Murray type. Can we not find one or don't want one? I am aware of that Swedish lad that is coming in January, maybe he is that type.

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
Just checking out the club website and I notice the that Liam Rosenior is pictured discussing tactics with Simon Rusk at the Kassam Stadium .... as Liam, as far as I'm aware, isn't a coach in what capacity was he there ?
If only to cheer on the Under 21's ... he is now even higher up in my estimation than before ....

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Just checking out the club website and I notice the that Liam Rosenior is pictured discussing tactics with Simon Rusk at the Kassam Stadium .... as Liam, as far as I'm aware, isn't a coach in what capacity was he there ?
If only to cheer on the Under 21's ... he is now even higher up in my estimation than before ....

The Argus reported on December 17 2016 that Rosenior was about to begin studying for the UEFA Pro coaching licence. There was an article on the club website on May 22 2017 where he spoke about five intensive days he had just had in Belfast as part of the course. I would imagine he is getting involved with the coaching at the academy either as a direct part of his course or to gain valuable insights and experience.

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
The Argus reported on December 17 2016 that Rosenior was about to begin studying for the UEFA Pro coaching licence. There was an article on the club website on May 22 2017 where he spoke about five intensive days he had just had in Belfast as part of the course. I would imagine he is getting involved with the coaching at the academy either as a direct part of his course or to gain valuable insights and experience.
Many thanks

Sent from my LG-V400 using Tapatalk

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010

I am pretty sure when he signed there was some sort of mention about him eventually being involved in some sort of coaching?

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
I was fortunate enough to have a quick chat with Liam after the Arsenal match as he happened to be sitting on a table next to me with some friends outside the pub I went to! Very pleasant guy.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Thought Ahannach was the class player on show: good control and turn of speed even when they doubled up on him.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Look on the official site, click on fixtures, and the drop down menu which says U23 team.

Thats too simple for me today as I am celebrating b ut have just checked and it says 16th October but I was reasonably sure that CH said that there were 2 games this week, but then again I could have misheard it.

Last edited:

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Thats too simple for me today as I am celebrating b ut have just checked and it says 16th October but I was reasonably sure that CH said that there were 2 games this week, but then again I could have misheard it.

He was quoted in the Argus last Saturday as saying (in relation to Baldock):-

Tuesday's under-23 game [ie the Oxford United Checkatrade Trophy tie] will be too early, but we have a game the following week which we are hoping to play him in.

However, as you have discovered, he misspoke. The next game is indeed the Blackburn Rovers fixture on Oct 16.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here