Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goalkeepers and post-penalty save celebrations

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Further to my bugbear about goalkeepers and the forward flop, I also don't like the way that keepers always usher their jubilant teammates away when they've saved a penalty.

I'd milk it for all it's worth.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Prediction:

Tomorrow, at 10am, GJN1 will post a thread about how he hates it when goalkeepers spit into their own palms.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Prediction:

Tomorrow, at 10am, GJN1 will post a thread about how he hates it when goalkeepers spit into their own palms.

Actually, it was going to be a thread about why goalkeepers insist on having a feel of the match ball in the tunnel before the game starts. IT'S A BALL! LIKE THE ONES YOU'VE JUST WARMED UP WITH! They're not going to suddenly make you play with a melon...

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Actually, it was going to be a thread about why goalkeepers insist on having a feel of the match ball in the tunnel before the game starts. IT'S A BALL! LIKE THE ONES YOU'VE JUST WARMED UP WITH! They're not going to suddenly make you play with a melon...

Can we just bring that forward into today's thread and save everyone the bother?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I just don't see why they don't have to pay pitch tax like outfield players have to. They use the same field!

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
It's usually because the ball has gone out for a corner or throw in for the other team, and the goalkeeper doesn't want to get caught out by it being taken quickly. Simple enough.

What's next? Why do goalies bounce the ball before the kick it? Is it to check that it's still bouncy?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
No, we can't. Sorry.

Fair enough. In that case might I suggest adding to your daily dose of very niche yet mundane goalkeeper observations:

- Why do goalkeepers use their hands? What's that about eh?
- Don't you just hate it when a goalie comes up for a corner then has to run all the way back? Madness.
- My wife left me for a goalkeeper.
- What's with the brightly coloured kits?

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Fair enough. In that case might I suggest adding to your daily dose of very niche yet mundane goalkeeper observations:

- Why do goalkeepers use their hands? What's that about eh?
- Don't you just hate it when a goalie comes up for a corner then has to run all the way back? Madness.
- My wife left me for a goalkeeper.
- What's with the brightly coloured kits?

All valid topics. Thanks for entering into the spirit.

I'll also be using 'niche yet mundane' on the cover of the book when it comes out too, if that's OK?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Further to my bugbear about goalkeepers and the forward flop, I also don't like the way that keepers always usher their jubilant teammates away when they've saved a penalty.

I'd milk it for all it's worth.

You get points from me for using 'their' & 'they're' correctly at least. But for the love of God, please change your avator - it makes me feel sick every time I see you post which isn't good!!!

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
You get points from me for using 'their' & 'they're' correctly at least. But for the love of God, please change your avator - it makes me feel sick every time I see you post which isn't good!!!

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

I can't help the way I look.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here