Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apparently we are staying up

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just a bit of fun but nice to know it's not just Albion fans who give us a chance

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41468743

Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 18.19.17.png

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
Another record for Palace to break.....

'Crystal Palace, who began the season with Frank de Boer in charge before appointing Roy Hodgson, have lost all seven league games without scoring a goal.

A defeat in their next game against Chelsea will mean only the Manchester United team from 1931 will have gone on a longer losing streak in the top flight.'

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They are more optimistic than me as I feel that we need a lot of wins at home or a complete change of attitude away by the players to stand any chance of staying up.

Brightonrock01

May 22, 2017
Augusta, Ga, USA
I hope Palace win before we play them! I can only imagine the horror if their 1st point(s) are against us. Knowing our luck they'll have Loftus-Cheek, Scott Dann, Benteke, Wickham, Tomkins, Fosu-Mensah and Zaha all back from injury by then, and playing out of their skins.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They are more optimistic than me as I feel that we need a lot of wins at home or a complete change of attitude away by the players to stand any chance of staying up.
8 more home wins, 9 away points - job done.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
8 more home wins, 9 away points - job done.

I'm just uncertain where the 9 away points will come from, unless we start to impose ourselves a bit more. I know we hit the post twice at Watford - but against 10 men for 65 minutes it still felt like we settled for a point rather than put them to the sword and go for all 3. Similarly, we went 1 up against a winless Bournemouth side devoid of confidence and still lost 2-1.

If we are going to do this, we need to develop a bit more steel and a ruthless edge. Hopefully, it will come but it needs to come quickly.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I think we all feel we need a lot of wins at home....as CH has said...I wouldn't say they are being that optimistic at 40 points...its doable ...we will probably have to delay our European qualification target for another year :moo:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm just uncertain where the 9 away points will come from, unless we start to impose ourselves a bit more. I know we hit the post twice at Watford - but against 10 men for 65 minutes it still felt like we settled for a point rather than put them to the sword and go for all 3. Similarly, we went 1 up against a winless Bournemouth side devoid of confidence and still lost 2-1.

If we are going to do this, we need to develop a bit more steel and a ruthless edge. Hopefully, it will come but it needs to come quickly.

We hadn't any points or scored a goal before the Watford game...and they are a side that break very well even with ten men...so i wasn't too disappointed .....for me the Bournemouth game was the biggest let down, having won the previous week and then taken the lead we should have gone for a second and killed it off

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
The game's on....find 3 teams likely to do worse than us. I don't think Burnley will be amongst those teams , nor Watford, and I am not sure about Huddersfield.

I am now wondering about Palace, Everton (oooh) and maybe Swansea. Not logical, as on paper all have enough to stay up.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that anything is possible if CH can instill into the players the fact that we are in the Premier because they deserve to be there and have won the right to be amongst the games elite and to be able to show what they can do to match them. Once the players believe this the results will come because they appear to be overawed by their presence in the league at the moment.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
I can see Koeman being next to go if we beat them and Swansea will cut Clement loose before Xmas if they're in danger zone.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I feel pretty confident we'll stay up having watched the last few games. We're setting up the right way and the results will follow.

If I had to pick three to go I'll say Huddersfield, Swansea, Palace, with a couple of other teams below us as well.

Or not. Whatever happens it will be fun

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I think that anything is possible if CH can instill into the players the fact that we are in the Premier because they deserve to be there and have won the right to be amongst the games elite and to be able to show what they can do to match them. Once the players believe this the results will come because they appear to be overawed by their presence in the league at the moment.

Nonsense. The only teams we've set up defensively for: First ever Premier League game vs Man City, and Arsenal away. Other than that we've given teams a really good go and the results, considering who we have played, are respectable. We were just plain unlucky to only take one point from Watford and Bournemouth. WBA and Newcastle were brilliant displays and we fully deserved the points.

If we didn't have self-belief we'd never have got the two wins we have. The boys are flying at the moment and long may it continue. I can see us being well up for the Everton game, winning it and getting Koeman the sack!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Wonder how much they get paid for that? I reckon a random bunch of NSCers could probably come up with a similar prediction.

........and probably equally valid.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Nonsense. The only teams we've set up defensively for: First ever Premier League game vs Man City, and Arsenal away. Other than that we've given teams a really good go and the results, considering who we have played, are respectable. We were just plain unlucky to only take one point from Watford and Bournemouth. WBA and Newcastle were brilliant displays and we fully deserved the points.

If we didn't have self-belief we'd never have got the two wins we have. The boys are flying at the moment and long may it continue. I can see us being well up for the Everton game, winning it and getting Koeman the sack!

Looked very defensively setup against B'muff on the Tellybox.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I hope Palace win before we play them! I can only imagine the horror if their 1st point(s) are against us. Knowing our luck they'll have Loftus-Cheek, Scott Dann, Benteke, Wickham, Tomkins, Fosu-Mensah and Zaha all back from injury by then, and playing out of their skins.

I think we are all taking that as a given....

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I think that we were tentative and defended too deep against Man City- hardly surprising though in the first game against the most dangerous team in the league. We were fairly beaten at Leicester. The early goal was a bit of a killer and a e still lacked confidence. We played well at Watford and with a little more belief could have won. WBA was a great performance but we were nervous at the end. Bournemouth was disappointment. We weren't outplayed but again defended too deep at the end and were turned over. Newcastle was a tough game and we played well, showing more self belief. Finally at Arsenal I think we showed some real spirit to keep playing. In my opinion our confidence and team spirit is improving with each game. The test comes now with a run of easier games. From the first week onwards the bookies odds placed us in the bottom three. We're not there any more because we are starting to show what our team can do. It will be tough (and the next few games are critical) but we shouldn't go down.

I think our benchmark should be to get above and stay above Huddersfield. Then another two teams (hopefully Palace) will stay below us

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I think that we were tentative and defended too deep against Man City- hardly surprising though in the first game against the most dangerous team in the league. We were fairly beaten at Leicester. The early goal was a bit of a killer and a e still lacked confidence. We played well at Watford and with a little more belief could have won. WBA was a great performance but we were nervous at the end. Bournemouth was disappointment. We weren't outplayed but again defended too deep at the end and were turned over. Newcastle was a tough game and we played well, showing more self belief. Finally at Arsenal I think we showed some real spirit to keep playing. In my opinion our confidence and team spirit is improving with each game. The test comes now with a run of easier games. From the first week onwards the bookies odds placed us in the bottom three. We're not there any more because we are starting to show what our team can do. It will be tough (and the next few games are critical) but we shouldn't go down.

I think our benchmark should be to get above and stay above Huddersfield. Then another two teams (hopefully Palace) will stay below us

Yes and all this with a limited strike force. The transfer window could well be key. We are certainly keeping in touch right now. We are doing OK and not getting turned over badly. Players all seem to be keeping their confidence and improving ie Ryan, Stephens, Propper, March. I think TB will be content with the way things are right now.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here