Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AK quits Twitter

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It seems that Knockaert has closed his twitter account after the trolling about his dead father became too much for him to bear.

I don't think anyone on here will have anything to say other than he has done the right thing.

We all deal with death differently and the timescales for grieving are vastly different.

What I can't understand is why some people choose to abuse a player in this way.

I know CH has mentioned his injury in pre season as a reason as why heis not at his best yet. I wonder however if he has not been fully focused due to this trolling. He seems from the outside that he is a player that respondsbest to an arm around the shoulder.

Hopefully now that he will not be exposed to Twitter trolling he will quickly return to the player we all love to watch.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
He's definitely done the right thing, who needs or wants to be reading that sort of sh!te every day. Even though you know these people are sick f**ks and their views are worthless, it's still almost unavoidable when coming across his timeline.

The idea that this sort of trolling could actually be affecting someone's life. mood and mental state is a very depressing idea in our society. Social media has been a curse as much as a blessing IMHO, maybe more.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Shocking how thick and bigoted people can be. Fortunately the vast majority of fans can accept and admire the quality of opposition players and don't feel the need to stoop to knuckle dragging insensitive shite.

What.has happened to him is a hate crime really, the offenders should be tracked down and realty with

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What.has happened to him is a hate crime really, the offenders should be tracked down and realty with

I report tweets that I think are 'hate crime' and let Twitter deal with them. They are pretty good.

Nadiya Hussein (the baking queen) has had some horrendous racial comments, but she deals with it with good grace.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Absolute wankers! WE'VE GOT KNOCKAERT!!!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
What I can't understand is why some people choose to abuse a player in this way.

It's the way of the world, people who haven't got the guts to say things face to face, have to resort to bullying on social media, where they cannot be seen.
I hate all forms of bullying, it's cowardly and gutless.
Hopefully some of the trolls, especially followers from football clubs will be found out and banned from following their own team.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Understand why he's done it of course but you just know the oxygen stealing pond scum who have caused him to take this action will see it as a victory. They all need a swift kick to the throat.

It's not a victory for them. The victory is when the people respond online and make a bellend of themselves. AK has done the right thing. 100% the best move.

Trolling or not, no reason to be on Twitter. I'm quite against footballers being on twitter. Mostly because they have nothing to say or show anyway. And most of the time when they do say something they either embarrass themselves, plug a brand they're associated with or both (DS).

Most of them have account managers anyway...So personal. I still love this...http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...s-why-we-need-to-unfollow-footballers-on-twi/

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's not a victory for them. The victory is when the people respond online and make a bellend of themselves. AK has done the right thing. 100% the best move.

Trolling or not, no reason to be on Twitter. I'm quite against footballers being on twitter. Mostly because they have nothing to say or show anyway. And most of the time when they do say something they either embarrass themselves, plug a brand they're associated with or both (DS).

Most of them have account managers anyway...So personal. I still love this...http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...s-why-we-need-to-unfollow-footballers-on-twi/

Nothing like a huge generalisation.

https://twitter.com/I_CALDERON_14/status/914774693353201664

[tweet]914774693353201664[/tweet]

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's the way of the world, people who haven't got the guts to say things face to face, have to resort to bullying on social media, where they cannot be seen.
I hate all forms of bullying, it's cowardly and gutless.
Hopefully some of the trolls, especially followers from football clubs will be found out and banned from following their own team.

There are a few, presumably very young, Newcastle fans, who are lucky if they didn't attract police attention for what they tweeted about Tomer Hemed last week.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Nothing like a huge generalisation.

https://twitter.com/I_CALDERON_14/status/914774693353201664

[tweet]914774693353201664[/tweet]

Got to love a colossal generalisation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here