Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Solly March and Lewis Dunk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Makes you proud, doesn't it? Both looking very good in the Premier League. Who could get the England call up first? March is unquestionably looking better than the Ox at the moment...

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Wish they'd have a crap game when we're on the telly-far too much attention!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Makes you proud, doesn't it? Both looking very good in the Premier League. Who could get the England call up first? March is unquestionably looking better than the Ox at the moment...

Very much so...... and a lot of it is about "attitude" as well.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
"Dunk is more than a classic centre-back

As a 6ft 4ins centre-back playing at the heart of a back four in a deep defensive side who have just been promoted from the Championship, it would be easy for Lewis Dunk to be stereotyped as a classic English clunker. But he proved again today that he is so much more than that."

More >>> https://whisp.rs/2hELccD

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
. Who could get the England call up first? March is unquestionably looking better than the Ox at the moment...

I don't think either are THAT close just yet, but every chance in time. As for who first, its a toss-up:

Dunk is the more experienced player and has many fans in the media who will help his cause. A lot of competition though, with Maguire, Keane and Gibson all ahead of him for any available spot amongst the established centre backs in the squad.

March though has the advantage of being 'in' the England system. Southgate knows him from U21s and is consistently loyal to players he knows. If THAT shot had flown in yesterday, it would have done him no harm!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Yeah they are both sharing my POTS so far, with Gross following very closely behind.

Love both of them

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Lewis Dunk is now on a streak of 18 (eighteen) games without a yellow card, including games against Aguero, Vardy and Sanchez. Seriously impressive.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
"Dunk is more than a classic centre-back

As a 6ft 4ins centre-back playing at the heart of a back four in a deep defensive side who have just been promoted from the Championship, it would be easy for Lewis Dunk to be stereotyped as a classic English clunker. But he proved again today that he is so much more than that."

If you'd literally never, ever, watched him play.

Ever.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Maybe they were getting him mixed up with Shane Duffy*.

(* - if you ignore the English bit)

Ha. Maybe.

If that whole piece HAD been about Duffy being a much better all-round player than he is widely perceived to be, then I'd have given it a big thumbs up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't they have show they are capable of playing in a BIG TEAM before they can get called?

I'm sure I read it somewhere.

Careful what you wish for!!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Think March will get the call first. Exciting young flair players generally get the call earlier, plus England have fewer wing options than CB options

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Don't they have show they are capable of playing in a BIG TEAM before they can get called?

I'm sure I read it somewhere.

Are Burnley or Southampton BIG TEAMs?

Keane, Ward-Prowse, etc...

DerekZoolander

Aug 15, 2011
Lewis Dunk is now on a streak of 18 (eighteen) games without a yellow card, including games against Aguero, Vardy and Sanchez. Seriously impressive.

There was a time in the second half where he went flying towards Sanchez (I think) and I was convinced he was going to kill him :lolol:

But he stayed on his feet so that's a testament to how much more mature he seems where in years gone by would flown through him with or without the ball.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Bursting with pride whenever they play, they aren't just capable at this level, they are quality at this level, even up against some of the best in the world.

Amazing scenes.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There was a time in the second half where he went flying towards Sanchez (I think) and I was convinced he was going to kill him :lolol:

But he stayed on his feet so that's a testament to how much more mature he seems where in years gone by would flown through him with or without the ball.

Yes - I'd forgotten that! Looked 100% certain to be a trademark Lewis Dunk (of old) lunge that would have left Sanchez in a heap and Dunk heading for an early bath.

A great illustration of the maturity that has come to his game when it was really needed.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Not sure if we're thinking of the same moment, but there was one on about 70 minutes, when we were passing around a bit dangerously at the back. The ball across to Dunk sold him a bit short and he did well to knick it away from the man closing on him, but pushed it too far ahead of himself, to the feet of an Arsenal player breaking from the centre circle. As Dunk charged after his heavy touch, I admit to holding my breath, as flashbacks of identical red cards at Huddersfield and QPR flashed before my eyes!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
After yesterday the question to be asked who is faster March or Dunk?.. That run back by Dunk as Arsenal broke for Ryan to save with his leg was gut busting ..commitment or what

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here