Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion putting small number of tickets on TicketMaster

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
for selected matches, according to The Argus. I know the Premier League is classified by many as entertainment rather than watching sport or supporting your team, but I'm struggling with this a little. Albion are micro managing fans' attendances at matches for many reasons including minimising the touting industry, but what's to stop a tout buying at face value then selling on for a profit. The tout gets his/her profit and doesn't care if he gets a ban because he isn't a fan anyway. Not sure what to make of this move by the club.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
God forbid it ever becomes the soulless tourist experience I witnessed today.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This has been done for quite a while, certainly last season and possibly before that.

It's only done for games that go to general sale, so Stoke only currently. It's done so tourists and other out-of-towners may find they can come to a game when looking at Ticketmaster to see if what's on locally when they're in the area.

It was covered on here last week.

This has been done for quite a while, certainly last season and possibly before that.

It's only done for games that go to general sale, so Stoke only currently. It's done so tourists and other out-of-towners may find they can come to a game when looking at Ticketmaster to see if what's on locally when they're in the area.

So the club are knowingly selling tickets to fans without a fan number,

CLUB OUT.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Whoops, sorry. That'll teach me to go on holiday for a few days!!

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Just remembered the flags. Whilst I'd seen them on telly they do bring a certain level of tinpottedness.

Don't get me started on flags! Some dim witted steward at the turnstiles made me remove the short plastic pole from my 11 year olds Albion flag as apparently it "could be used as a weapon", really? By my 11 year old son? I tried to argue the toss asking how many times they had had to deal with hooligans assaulting each other with what amount to large plastic straws but they didn't have that information to hand. I did ask to see where on the entry regulations it stated flimsy plastic flag holders were not allowed but the too difficult light came on an an even less intelligent head steward got involved at which point I gave up, tossers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here