Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle v Liverpool

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Anyone watching this and thinking this is the way to take on the big teams at home?

Yes it's Liverpool so their defence is shaky, yes they conceded a fantastic strike from one of the marquee players but they're not resting on their laurels and are moving forward with purpose and taking risks.

I'm not about to start criticising CH for being a tad more pragmatic in his approach but I really think our squad is at least the equal of Newcastle and given a tad of freedom would do well against some of the bigger boys.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Our squad is not equal to Newcastle's, they had Shelvey and Gayle on the bench last match, lets be honest, that's an embarrassment of riches compared to ours...

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Our squad is not equal to Newcastle's, they had Shelvey and Gayle on the bench last match, lets be honest, that's an embarrassment of riches compared to ours...

We'll agree to disagree.

I'm taking about the evidence of what I saw last season in the two games and so far this (based on higher exposure for both teams).

They don't have much that is different or vastly superior to what we do on a technical or physical level.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not watching but I agree with your overarching point.

It's beginning to look like CH is prepared to dump off 12 games, this season, in order to concentrate on the other 26.
Fair enough those 12 games might only net 2 - 4 points, so it's tough to argue with until hindsight comes into the equation, at the end of April.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
We'll agree to disagree.

I'm taking about the evidence of what I saw last season in the two games and so far this (based on higher exposure for both teams).

They don't have much that is different or vastly superior to what we do on a technical or physical level.

Sorry, disagree. They have more impressive players both in their first team and on their bench. Maybe not vastly superior but certainly more impressive in footballing terms. Very good win last weekend, another shot to nothing vs Everton after the international break...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Their tactical superiority to CH didn't help them last week did it.

And this game isn't over.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

It's beginning to look like CH is prepared to dump off 12 games, this season, in order to concentrate on the other 26.
Fair enough those 12 games might only net 2 - 4 points, so it's tough to argue with until hindsight comes into the equation, at the end of April.

Absolute tripe. 'Dumping off' 12 games not applicable to us at all, being realistic we will be lucky to get 3 points from the top 6 home or away.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Did you not notice we gave Bournemouth too much respect in the first half?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Absolute tripe. 'Dumping off' 12 games not applicable to us at all, being realistic we will be lucky to get 3 points from the top 6 home or away.
So do you agree with me or not? :lol:

Anyway some posters are carrying on like the Albion are just a bunch of half arsed mercenaries, scrabbling around for it's first point and goal, with all this 'not in the same league as...' nonsense.

We're a bloody good team, with the best manager in club history, an absolute schooling isn't going to change that, so let the team play and see what happens.
After all it's not as if we don't know what's going to happen if we play 10 men behind the ball, with a single striker surrounded by the opposition.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
any one just seen the Liverpool player land (stamp) on the Newcastle player. looked worse than last week to me but glossed over on commentary

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Are Newcastle players made of paper? Never seen so much rolling around and screaming in agony from a set of Magpies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
So do you agree with me or not? :lol:

Anyway some posters are carrying on like the Albion are just a bunch of half arsed mercenaries, scrabbling around for it's first point and goal, with all this 'not in the same league as...' nonsense.

We're a bloody good team, with the best manager in club history, an absolute schooling isn't going to change that, so let the team play and see what happens.
After all it's not as if we don't know what's going to happen if we play 10 men behind the ball, with a single striker surrounded by the opposition.

If we play free flowing attacking football against these sides we will get dicked 5 or 6 nil, I'm glad you're not our manager.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Anyone watching this and thinking this is the way to take on the big teams at home?

Yes it's Liverpool so their defence is shaky, yes they conceded a fantastic strike from one of the marquee players but they're not resting on their laurels and are moving forward with purpose and taking risks.

I'm not about to start criticising CH for being a tad more pragmatic in his approach but I really think our squad is at least the equal of Newcastle and given a tad of freedom would do well against some of the bigger boys.

Man City and Arsenal outplayed Brighton for the entire games.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Your point is?

My point was that at home perhaps we might be allowed to play with a tad more freedom.

There were two or three passages of play today where we moved back to front quicker and resulted in a forward running at them with pace and it rattled them.

This is simply my point.

Fair play to the Geordies - that's how you play the top 6

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If we play free flowing attacking football against these sides we will get dicked 5 or 6 nil, I'm glad you're not our manager.

At no point have I suggested we play free flowing attacking football esp as that hasn't been done all season, and very rarely last.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Your point is?

My point was that at home perhaps we might be allowed to play with a tad more freedom.

There were two or three passages of play today where we moved back to front quicker and resulted in a forward running at them with pace and it rattled them.

This is simply my point.

and a good point.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Man City and Arsenal outplayed Brighton for the entire games.

No, Arsenal did not. We had some great play, including fast breaks out, and posession. We also smacked the post, and took the ball off the Arse on numerous occasions. I like your posts but I'd encourage you to get some counselling for your acute 'imposter syndrome'. :cheers:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here