Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Credit due to the 3,000 travelling fans

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There's a good probability that we'll lose all 7 away days against the huge spenders and be outplayed in the process. To me that's totally unenjoyable, including enduring the arrogance of entitled fans who think they're world beaters in the moment. The reaction of the :wanker: gooners and Iwobi today on that second goal, was as if they'd just sealed victory against a Klopp or Mourinho team. I'm a bad loser and hate watching one sided games against us and almost guaranteed defeats.

In contrast to the 3,000 loyal Albion away fans who love these day trips and the games themselves. Perhaps the banter and a few pints makes these great days? Credit to you.

larus

There's a good probability that we'll lose all 7 away days against the huge spenders and be outplayed in the process. To me that's totally unenjoyable, including enduring the arrogance of entitled fans who think they're world beaters in the moment. The reaction of the :wanker: gooners and Iwobi today on that second goal, was as if they'd just sealed victory against a Klopp or Mourinho team. I'm a bad loser and hate watching one sided games against us and almost guaranteed defeats.

In contrast to the 3,000 loyal Albion away fans who love these day trips and the games themselves. Perhaps the banter and a few pints makes these great days? Credit to you.

My ex GFs older brother and her son were Arsenal fans, and yes, they both had a sense of entitlement to success (I know it's all relative). But they didn't see qualification to the riches of Champions League football as anything special. They thought they should be winning regular silverware. I explained that there are 92 league clubs and they still didn't really get it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's not too tricky seeing Arsenal away, try Hartlepool

In fairness you do arrive at places like Hartlepool thinking you have a genuine chance of winning.

I can take this losing because I do get why we can't compete at this level but it's not much fun watching your team totally outclassed.

It's great to be in the Premier League but if we spend more than a couple of seasons being also rans I will look forward to a return to the Championship.

larus

In fairness you do arrive at places like Hartlepool thinking you have a genuine chance of winning.

I can take this losing because I do get why we can't compete at this level but it's not much fun watching your team totally outclassed.

My only hope is that (assuming we can survive this season), we will be viewed as a more attractive club than now as we may be able to survive at that level. This should help us to attract/close deals where players have declined us in the last window.

Survival is key. We knew this season was going to be tough, especially against the better sides like Arsenal. But I think we underestimate ourselves. We have speed going forward. WE just need to put away some of the chances we have and we will be ok. Another striker would be a help, as well as getting rid of some of those woeful passes out of defence. Man City would have had 5 or 6 past us today.

But credit to all the lads and lasses that went today. The didn't stop singing, and they did us proud. Good to see Hughton go over and applaud them.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My only hope is that (assuming we can survive this season), we will be viewed as a more attractive club than now as we may be able to survive at that level. This should help us to attract/close deals where players have declined us in the last window.

My thinking too. If only we can get a second bite at the PL cherry. Plus our recruitment team/the Board will be all the more experienced and wiser on player recruitment next Summer.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I can't remember an away match where the goals the home team score are met with a ripple of applause. Even in the poorest of supported EFL teams there is noise when the home team score. I really did not expect the Arsenal support to be so dreadful.

It's not Wenger that should be sacked it the supporters

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I can't remember an away match where the goals the home team score are met with a ripple of applause. Even in the poorest of supported EFL teams there is noise when the home team score. I really did not expect the Arsenal support to be so dreadful.

It's not Wenger that should be sacked it the supporters

Their (loud) lifelong working class fans were in effect ousted by JCL Rupert's and Jason's from London and the Home Counties, who can afford to pay £2,000 per season a ST. This increased Kroenke's wealth, but killed the atmosphere.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I watched on mute. It saw in the BBC the Albion fans getting praise - so how was the atmo? Also, please tell me we sang 'we support our local team' a lot :thumbsup:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Could always hear the Albion fans,even in the 92 minute!:thumbsup::clap2:

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
I watched it on TV as didn't have enough points and apart from the two goals, the only noise was BHA fans singing throughout. A really good effort and a credit to us all.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
When they scored I felt I had been transported to Lords and was quietly appreciating a four being scored by Mr A Cook. It made my local library sound like a Metalica concert.

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
I sat in the North Bank with an Arsenal mate he commented to friends after how good Brighton noise was and how Arsenal fans look for an excuse not to sing.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

They only went for the loyalty points to get Swansea tickets ???

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

:whistle:

Attachments

• combine-harvester-new-holland-cr1090-heavyweight-world-champion.jpg
    combine-harvester-new-holland-cr1090-heavyweight-world-champion.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 968

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here