PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: Emirates Stadium
Date: Sunday 1st October 2017
Kick-off: 12:00 BST
Referee: Kevin Friend
Assistants: Stuart Burt, Ian Hussin
Fourth official: Roger East

TEAM NEWS

Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil is pushing for a recall after overcoming a knee injury.

Danny Welbeck, Alex Iwobi, Calum Chambers, Francis Coquelin and Santi Cazorla are all still absent.

Brighton will be without striker Tomer Hemed, who begins a three-match ban after being found guilty of violent conduct against Newcastle last weekend.

Glenn Murray has returned to training following an ankle injury and has an outside chance of being involved.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Simon Brotherton: "On paper, and with many of their big names rested in Thursday's Europa League match in Belarus, this looks like it should be a straightforward home win for Arsenal.

"But Brighton manager Chris Houghton [sic] knows what it's like to upset odds at The Emirates. He was in charge of Newcastle the last time Arsenal lost at home to a newly-promoted team seven years ago, with the Magpies recording a 1-0 win.

"Brighton will likely need to keep it tight to stand a chance this time too, with scoring goals likely to be their biggest immediate problems.

"Tomer Hemed begins a three-match ban, whilst Glen Murray and Sam Baldock have been unavailable in recent weeks, so their attacking resources will surely be tested."

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger on Brighton: "I think it will be difficult to break them down because they are very well organised, they are very disciplined as well.

"Their team keeps the ball well and from what I've seen they have a good technical quality, they try to play everywhere and it is a different challenge for us.

"We have done very well at home until now, so we know that it is absolutely vital for us."

Brighton manager Chris Hughton on Tomer Hemed's suspension: "We are disappointed.

"We know the player, we still feel that there was no intent and that's why we appealed, so we are very disappointed.

"But we just have to deal with it."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Arsenal have won the last four meetings, the three most recent coming in the FA Cup.
    [*=left]Brighton have only ever beaten Arsenal twice in 16 attempts, both home league victories in 1982.
    [*=left]Albion have scored once in their past six away matches at Arsenal (D1, L5).

Arsenal

• [*=left]Arsenal have won eight successive Premier League home games dating back to March, one victory shy of their all-time record at the Emirates Stadium.
    [*=left]They have kept three straight league clean sheets since the 4-0 defeat at Liverpool last month.
    [*=left]Arsenal are unbeaten in their last 31 league matches against newly promoted sides (W26, D5) since losing 2-1 at QPR in March 2012.
    [*=left]The last promoted side to win at the Emirates were Newcastle in November 2010 - then managed by current Brighton boss Chris Hughton.
    [*=left]Arsene Wenger could record victory over a 45th different Premier League club, which would surpass Sir Alex Ferguson's feat.
    [*=left]Alexandre Lacazette has scored in each of his opening three home league appearances - the last Arsenal player to score in his first four was Jackie Henderson in 1958, who went on to score in five.

Brighton

• [*=left]Brighton could win consecutive top-flight matches for the first time since September 1982, when they enjoyed home victories against Arsenal and Sunderland.
    [*=left]They have won only one of their last 32 top-flight away matches, a 2-1 victory at Swansea in March 1983 (D8, L23).
    [*=left]The Seagulls are yet to win an away game in league or cup this season, scoring only one goal.
    [*=left]Albion have used a league-low 16 players so far this season.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
b212f5943ee50115cb49f9e99cf95ee3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
1afb029c7d12d91673bf1ed62fc51375.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
About time [MENTION=15297]Dick Head[/MENTION], late out of pit? :salute:

No, I've been waiting for [MENTION=28453]TomandJerry[/MENTION]. Couldn't put it off any longer.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Actually quite excited about that. I'm not sure we've got too much hope against the quality Arsenal have, but we shouldn't embarrass ourselves at least. Got quite a few Arsenal mates and most of my family are Arsenal fans (mum, uncles etc), my old man (the reason I support BHA) and I would LOVE to be able to twist the knife this afternoon :)

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

I’m actually a little disappointed with the Emirates. It looks a bit dirty and faded and my seat is broken so I slide off.

Lots of half and half scarves too.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I read on an Arsenal site that they haven't lost a home game in October since 2002! Probably will be a draw then.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here