Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not mathematically

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I'd love to say yes. And -17 GD from 7 games is dire. They don't look like scoring and defensively not great. But if anything from the last few years has taught us is they somehow make the escape. They changed managers already to no avail but they do still have 30 games to play and in reality at this time only 2 wins from getting out the bottom 3. I'd say 10/12 points at xmas and it's curtains

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Over to Chelsea now.

I think it is becoming a matter of professional pride among PL sides now to NOT be the team that concedes Palace's first goal of the campaign.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No far from had it. Still think they'll stay up - they always seem to get lucky. I think the European push their fans have been spouting about for 3 season or so may be a bridge too far though :ffsparr:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But in their hearts do you think them up the road have already had there chips and it’s not even October :lolol::cool:
Don't be silly. They're 6 points from safety with over 30 games left.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Only a couple of wins away from catching 4th from bottom. Unfortunately they have a knack of scrapping out of these situations, so can't take the piss (much) just yet.
Don't imagine they'll be much Palace input on this thread just yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

larus

But in their hearts do you think them up the road have already had there chips and it’s not even October :lolol::cool:

Not yet, but if we maybe assume 40 points for safety, this leaves them 31 games to get 40 points.

Next assumption, they lose to Chelsea, so that will be 30 games to get 40 points.

If we then assume that they (like most teams towards the bottom of the PL) won’t get any points from the top 6 home or away, they have a further 8 fixtures against these teams.

That means that in the remaining 22 games, they would need to get 40 points, which is 1.818181 per game.

Of course, this could all be complete b*llocks I’ve posted :lol:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Their goal difference is already -10 worse than any other team. Worth another point.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Over to Chelsea now.

I think it is becoming a matter of professional pride among PL sides now to NOT be the team that concedes Palace's first goal of the campaign.
This and they'll be pissed off after losing to Manchester City.

Could be good.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I'm enjoying it (enormously) while it lasts.

Inevitably they will eventually score. And they will win a point or three. They might well avoid relegation.

But they will still be a scruffy crappy club

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
North Korea have undertaken 9 nuclear missile tests since Crystal Palace last scored.

In the Premier League.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Thing is, when Palace do eventually score a goal, they won't even be able to celebrate it as it has become such an all-round embarrassment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here