Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gooners Warned!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Their STHs been sent texts this afternoon warning them about homophobic songs ahead of tomorrow's BIG MATCH. Mate said we've nothing to worry about......nobody sings at the Emirates!

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Has anybody really ever been offended by homophobic chanting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Yes I was there.Its was just words.The thing with homophobic chanting is it's just a generalisation.Its not aimed at individuals like racist chants might be.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes I was there.Its was just words.The thing with homophobic chanting is it's just a generalisation.Its not aimed at individuals like racist chants might be.

Nonsense, it's not just words. It's discrimination, bullying and insulting.
Gay people are beaten up, and in some cases, killed for being gay.

Just a few decades ago, they were put in prison for it.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

I'm not gay so it's easy to shrug it off as amusing nonsense from thick people. If I was gay, whichever club I supported, I'm sure I would feel very different. So it does affect individuals, just not you or me.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Funnily enough, one of my best mates is gay and also a STH at Arsenal and tells me that there's rarely any homophobic comments nowadays at The Emirates - partly given the new demographic of the crowd and also how high profile the Gay Gooners group is. And he passed on a link that tomorrow's game is designated as a "game for everyone".

https://www.arsenal.com/news/brighton-game-arsenal-everyone-matchday

The stewards are better trained for this at The Emirates than elsewhere too, apparently. We'll find out tomorrow.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
[MENTION=14339]pottert[/MENTION], ask the same question with racist chanting and you've got your answer.

Racist chants are directed at individuals.
Homophobic chants are just generalisations.
As are chants about Palace being pikeys or northerners being out of work or being dirty northern ********.scousers being thieves.

Why should we be offended by being called homosexual.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
As are chants about Palace being pikeys or northerners being out of work or being dirty northern ********.scousers being thieves.

Sorry matey but I'm off to bed as I want to be fresh for the match tomorrow so can't give a reply tonight but this thread more or less covers the whole argument http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?355302-Homophobic-Leicester-fans&highlight=leicester

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Sorry matey but I'm off to bed as I want to be fresh for the match tomorrow so can't give a reply tonight but this thread more or less covers the whole argument http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?355302-Homophobic-Leicester-fans&highlight=leicester

Me too

I'm very overweight & have been called all sorts of things regarding my size but have
never taken it to heart.Maybe I am just thick
skinned or maybe just think but the only people whose opinion of me I give a shit about are the people closest to me.If a bunch of people who I have never seen before & will never see again want to call me a fat **** or sing who ate all the pies.
Why should that offend me.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS

When you've seen a kid in tears, and a very angry father after the opposition chanting 'you've got aids you brighton gay CUANT' then you realise homophobia is just as bad as racism.

Why pick on someone who just wants to be themselves? Silly.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Me too

I'm very overweight & have been called all sorts of things regarding my size but have
never taken it to heart.Maybe I am just thick
skinned or maybe just think but the only people whose opinion of me I give a shit about are the people closest to me.If a bunch of people who I have never seen before & will never see again want to call me a fat **** or sing who ate all the pies.
Why should that offend me.

Simply you choose to be overweight. People don't choose their sexuality.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
When you've seen a kid in tears, and a very angry father after the opposition chanting 'you've got aids you brighton gay CUANT' then you realise homophobia is just as bad as racism.

Why pick on someone who just wants to be themselves? Silly.

So what offended your kid the most the word gay or the aggressive nature of the chant.
Do you think these people stayed silent at the next game or do you think they chanted something abusive at their next opponents.

Mr Cleansheets

Jun 7, 2017
I will NEVER understand homophobia.

As a fairly average looking heterosexual man, my chances with the fairer sex would always have been somewhat lower without all the best looking blokes fancying each other. I actively encourage other men to be gay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here