• The Fans

Votes: 89 59.7%

• Total voters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
There seems to be some finger pointing at the club and some among the club. So who is to blame?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Both

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
what ever action the club takes, its due to the actions of some fans in the first place.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Both to a degree, but it's a storm in a tea cup. Every successful club has more fans than tickets for big games and those who cannot get them are always unhappy. Whatever system operating it will still essentially operate with the same constraints and will have people attempting to circumvent it...

albionite

May 20, 2009
If the club are daft enough to give loyalty points for away cup games at £10 then fans will take advantage of it.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Theresa May.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
If the club are daft enough to give loyalty points for away cup games at £10 then fans will take advantage of it.

How strange they didn't last season, or the previous four seasons before that? I didn't see Oxford sell out at £10 or Walsall.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
How strange they didn't last season, or the previous four seasons before that? I didn't see Oxford sell out at £10 or Walsall.

How many away games sold out in the championship?

Really wasn't an issue until the end.

FWIW - I think the system is very good and quite fair, I agree that the low price tickets and greater loyalty points was a bit naive, but clearly they didn't think the system would be abused......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
How many away games sold out in the championship?

Really wasn't an issue until the end.

FWIW - I think the system is very good and quite fair, I agree that the low price tickets and greater loyalty points was a bit naive, but clearly they didn't think the system would be abused......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I said previously, away cup games have been cheap and worth 10 points for six years. Home cup games were worth 20 but got lowered to 15 with the new scheme.

Glory hunters took advantage.

el punal

Firstly the club weren't responsible for tickets being sold at £10 a pop, that's down to Bournemouth. Secondly, why accuse the club of being daft to give loyalty points for encouraging fans to go and support the team away - 650 did. It was SOME fans who have decided to abuse the system and in doing so stopped other genuine Albion fans from watching.

It's a matter of trust. Yes, maybe the club have been naive in this matter, but at least they've been sincere, and that's more than can be said for certain so-called fans.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Theresa May.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here