Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
I called arsenal and said this was the best time for me due to work and having to do some chores for the current Mrs Driller.
They said no problem let's change it.
Sorry if I have inconvenienced anyone.

kentgully

Jan 10, 2016
Worthing
I called arsenal and said this was the best time for me due to work and having to do some chores for the current Mrs Driller.
They said no problem let's change it.
Sorry if I have inconvenienced anyone.
Right...... Thanks, I did wonder

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
I can't wait for this one. The emirates is an amazing stadium and I really can see us sneaking away with at least a point:albion2:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't wait for this one. The emirates is an amazing stadium and I really can see us sneaking away with at least a point:albion2:

If that were to happen I don't think they'll be anything sneaky about it.

Although the most likely outcome will be playing for a point for 80 minutes, then having to take the game to Arsenal.
Only to then find out, 'you know what, we could have won this game, if only we'd try to play in their half sooner'.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
If that were to happen I don't think they'll be anything sneaky about it.

Although the most likely outcome will be playing for a point for 80 minutes, then having to take the game to Arsenal.
Only to then find out, 'you know what, we could have won this game, if only we'd try to play in their half sooner'.

Every team has a 5 or 10 minute spell in any game. That doesn't mean to say that if they played it differently they could have won. You can't go and open up against Arsenal because they are a great passing side but if you get loads of men behind the ball they tend to overplay things and struggle to break teams down.

That's what will happen tomorrow. It will be backs to the wall stuff. Shit to watch but ultimately a win or a draw is achievable

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Every team has a 5 or 10 minute spell in any game. That doesn't mean to say that if they played it differently they could have won. You can't go and open up against Arsenal because they are a great passing side but if you get loads of men behind the ball they tend to overplay things and struggle to break teams down.

That's what will happen tomorrow. It will be backs to the wall stuff. Shit to watch but ultimately a win or a draw is achievable

Would it not be better to play the team, other than it's reputation?

Arsenal are a shadow of their former 'glories', they have a fair few injuries, new players aren't settling, they played away on Thursday evening 1,500 miles away.

I'm not talking about 'opening up' but we know the Albion will be encamped in it's own half allowing Arsenal to be the passing team of their past.
It'll Man City all over again, as opposed to the home wins team of 3 even 4 players in attack - mercy me.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I take 2-1 or 1-2 but I'll enjoy the match and the experience.
Remember going to Liverpool and Nottingaham forest when no one gave us a chance.
The team have got to go and enjoy themselves.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Because it's A) on Telly and B) it is on, as St. Bono of Arseface put it: "Sunday, bloody Sunday."

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

**** sake, games tomorrow and you're already drinking heavily?!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Would it not be better to play the team, other than it's reputation?

Arsenal are a shadow of their former 'glories', they have a fair few injuries, new players aren't settling, they played away on Thursday evening 1,500 miles away.

I'm not talking about 'opening up' but we know the Albion will be encamped in it's own half allowing Arsenal to be the passing team of their past.
It'll Man City all over again, as opposed to the home wins team of 3 even 4 players in attack - mercy me.

He will play ''the team'' and not a reputation. Man for man. They have better players in all but 2 or 3 positions. CH has a good record against Arsenal. His Newcastle side and his Norwich side both beat them doing it the way he believed was best and the time they did lose to them they were 1-0 up with 5 mins to go but lost to a couple of debatable goals that possibly shouldn't have stood.

So I think he will have diligently done his homework and will most definitely take the playing personnel of both sides and act accordingly. His side might not be pretty to watch tomorrow but they will make an attempt to get something out of the game and if he gets a 0-0 then he will be delighted with that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here