Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The MAGIC money tree given another SHAKE for BIG Ben

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When was the last time any government project, from either side of the aisle, came in under budget?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
61 million :eek: Always put in a cheap quote then bump up the price when starting the work.

Who looks at an old clock in London anyway? Everyone is walking around looking at their phone that shows the time anyway. :smile:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Technically its the cost to repair the tower that Big Ben sits in, not Big Ben itself.

Time for the Tories to scarp universal credit and go back to actually helping people

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Wonder if they tried Checkatrade.....still i'm sure the OP isn't trying to make a political point...i mean he wouldn't would he ..after all the last labour government embraced the Tory idea of PFI so they could keep all the spending off balance sheet so to speak....wonder how many millions was chucked away (makes Big Ben repairs peanuts) ..of course they've now seen the error of there ways supposedly and will buy all the contracts in (if they ever get to power)...one thing that wasn't mentioned is where the money would come from..which kind of makes me think just another political party making a promise at a party conference...still i'm just an old cynic

Last edited:

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Yes, let’s spend the money on building and solving the housing crisis COMRADE E12B2663-AD70-4589-A690-2CB2363E8E3C.jpeg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
To be fair it took a MASSIVE wallop from the Slitheen....

Aliensoflondon.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Joking aside, after the other thread, why start this one, Ernest? Bit of a juxtaposition. Anyone might think you're a troll taking the piss out of the fine people of NSC who can't resist your clickbait. Are you smirking at all us mugs? :shrug:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Surely they'd know the cost of the work before they start off, not have to revise it part-way through?

Or am i giving the government more credit than they deserve?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
The Palace of Westminster including the bell tower are no longer fit for purpose hand the whole thing over to the National Trust instead have travel lodge build hotel conference centres in the north and south of England provide each constituency with accommodation and office space for the exclusive use of the sitting MP this should ensure MP expenses second homes is a thing of the past.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
If somebody gave me £61m, I guarantee I would not use a foodbank.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here