Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If meat eaters acted like vegans....

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I don't care if it makes you 'go to the fridge for bacon and eggs'. All of you suffer from cognitive dissonance unfortunately. As for being a 'preachy vegan', no, I'm not. I just challenge ignorance

You're deluded if you think you're not preaching. You eat what you want to eat and I'll eat meat safe in the knowledge I couldn't give a toss what you think. Steak last night and chicken pie tonight ..... yum !!!!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Given this out dated thread title. It's ironic how many vegans are on NSC. Never knew.

My partners vegan and tbh I eat vegan diet most of time as home as can't be bothered to cook twice. Life 'meat' based foods some is great and some is terrible.

The cheese was always an issue but even that's pretty decent now.

With more and more restaurants serving vegan menus it's clearly on the increase.

With technology improving I see it progressing further too.

Even a half decent bacon called badass bacon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Thank you!

I'm vegan and never bring it up, it's usually the opposite in fact when out for dinner "why did you order than don't you eat meat".. I'm only getting into conversation someone else started, then 9/10 they are intrigued as to why I do it, I don't do it because i dislike meat, i love the taste of it. well i did, not sure i would now. I just can't bring myself to eat an animal. Best decision I ever made, but takes some dedication.

We're only branded as being "difficult" because most restaurants don't have anything suitable on the menu. Bean burger for example, great! until you put it on a brioche bun (contains eggs)

I have ZERO problems with people eating meat, I was brought up not to judge people/their lifestyle and choices. Each to their own! I just wish people would educate themselves as to what animals have to go through to get on your plate/produce your eggs and dairy products.

100% this.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
You're deluded if you think you're not preaching. You eat what you want to eat and I'll eat meat safe in the knowledge I couldn't give a toss what you think. Steak last night and chicken pie tonight ..... yum !!!!

I'm educating but I will never stop until you stop supporting animal cruelty + global warming selfishly. It also doesn't offend me when you eat steak and chicken lol

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I could have used ground seaweed powder, but it's not a competition (and I suspect it's not as tasty as lamb). I'm just countering that getting protein (and iron, and calcium, etc) is not a big deal. I only know one other vegan so it's a small sample, but none of us sit around shovelling massive amounts of tofu into our face to try and stop our muscles atrophying.

If you are trying to consume protein for muscle gain you don't just eat steaks anyway, you drink horrid shakes and egg whites :)

TBH the protein thing is misleading.

Most people will get all they need from a balanced diet and that includes vegans.

I train a lot as does my wife. There are plenty of vegan supplements (protein powders etc) to aid muscle growth/recovery.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here