Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simon Reeve - Russia BBC2

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just catching up on iPlayer, I really do rate this guy and his travels and 3 part epic across Russia started tonight - watch it you will not be disappointed

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I agree - excellent. Except the trailer for next week, which promoted him going to visit some nutter who reckons he's the second coming. Shirley, I thought, you don't have to scrape the barrel to quite that extent to attract ratings?

Otherwise - very impressive.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Excellent , really enjoyed it .

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Off topic. Has anyone watched Earthflight on BBC2 ?

How do they film this?

Amazing stuff. And birds that can fly 1500 miles non stop!
Good thing they didn't film anything flying over Malta as some of the morons who call themselves hunters blast at anything that flies. 15 protected species shot in September!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
And birds that can fly 1500 miles non stop!!

I watched a bit of CNN when Irma was hitting Florida and they were showing radar of the hurricane and there were these dots in the eye which they said were flocks of birds who fly in the eye until the hurricane loses enough strength for them to escape.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Really good, he is pretty balanced about countries. And like he says, if a BBC crew with all the right permits, visas and connections can get given that sort of grief by the FSB and police, imagine what chance you have as a citizen, or a Russian journalist...none.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Very enjoyable and informative. Also recommend the recent Channel 4 series with the guy who walked from Russia to Iran through the Caucuses ... that was excellent too.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Just catching up on iPlayer, I really do rate this guy and his travels and 3 part epic across Russia started tonight - watch it you will not be disappointed
realy enjoyed it but the concern is how Russia secret police are building up.
great bit on how the Siberian tigers are doing.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I have watched quite a few of his shows, always interesting. I thought he had done really well to get permission to go across Russia given the current hostility. Then I see that he obviously wasn't that welcome by the authorities after all.

I know we often complain about our police sometimes but it just goes to show how lucky we are to live in a relatively free society.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Cynical that I am, I fear for that tiger population in the future, given the programs themes of 1. Rapidly increasing Chinese influence and presence in Asian Russia, 2. corruption leading to free-for-all on raping the environment.

If the deforestation doesn't do for them, then poaching fuelled by the Chinese medicine trade will.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Cynical that I am, I fear for that tiger population in the future, given the programs themes of 1. Rapidly increasing Chinese influence and presence in Asian Russia, 2. corruption leading to free-for-all on raping the environment.

If the deforestation doesn't do for them, then poaching fuelled by the Chinese medicine trade will.

Sadly, you are probably right.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Watched it, really good.

Cynical too. But will the Russians really allow a rare species, special to them to become extinct in the wild? In the end the Chinese powers that be, turned on Panda murderers. The punishments are extreme. Whereas, when I was a kid, Pandas were the 'poster creature' of species on the brink.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here