Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Magic Money Tree given a shake for MADDY

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
Is of course correct.

I would think most parents on here have had that instantaneous moment of extreme panic when the kid that was by your side seconds ago has wandered off. It happens and 99.99% of the time all is well a few seconds later. But there is a world of difference between a young 'un doing what young 'uns do and just abandoning the kid alone in an apartment whilst you go out and party. Particularly so when you have abandoned the kid before resulting in the child becoming upset and distressed.

Poor parenting in the extreme. Had the parents not been well to do professionals with "connections", I'm sure there would have been an investigation into possible neglect and social services would have taken a long hard look at whether the parents were competent enough to have custody of the other children.

Exactly and they took more care of their wallet too, most likely.....

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I agree Ernest but if I were the parents of the young girl I wouldn't .

That amount of money is small in the grand scheme of things. I don't want to judge governments on issues like this. Tories will hang themselves without our help. I want JC to be PM and I would like to think he would help another individual family if they came to him with a request for help on such an issue.

It would depend ... if they were Jewish he probably wouldn't but if they were Palestinian he probably would..... just saying

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
My mum "lost "me in St Anne's Wells gardens when I was 3 - problem for her was that some nice lady found me and took me home!!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I feel so sorry for the little girl, who knows what horrific things happened to her, but I find it hard to have much sympathy for the parents. I would never dreamed of leaving my daughter unattended at that age. My daughter now fifteen was a similar age when Maddy went missing, I felt sick watching the news. Around the same age we had a holiday to centre parks and we wanted an evening out to have a nice meal as a couple. I knew that my daughter once a sleep normally stayed a sleep. but i would have never had risk it. We booked a child minder, a person who is vetted to be there with her until we got back. What they did just seems mad to me and I would not have been able to live with myself.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My mum "lost "me in St Anne's Wells gardens when I was 3 - problem for her was that some nice lady found me and took me home!!

When I was 8 my family moved home...

...I found them when I was 10.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Has anyone seen the new documentary on Netflix yet?

Compelling viewing...
Is that the one they were interviewed in but in the end didn’t want aired

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I was listening to a lady on The Genius Talks, talking about the phenomenon of the world’s obsession with “missing white girls”.
She explored how it stimulates something deep in our psyche. The image of protecting virginial white maidens against the evil out there. Red Riding Hood, King Kong, Company of Wolves etc.
Plus there’s a mystery in this story, and everyone loves a mystery.

Yeah, they say they checked it every 15 minutes not that that is a good enough excuse and yeah a 100 yards away out of eyesight and the property had outside access, also I think one of them went back and noticed a window was open and closed it.
Children are inquisitive and I think there's a good possibility she wandered out on her own accord, perhaps taking advantage of her first taste of freedom. I actually saw this happen in Mansfield where I observed a toddler walking out of a residential side street onto the pavement of a busy road. I was on the other side but fortunately there were plenty of people around and two old dears soon stopped him.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Has anyone seen the new documentary on Netflix yet?

Compelling viewing...
I was initially going to give it a go until I realised there's 10 hours of it in total [emoji33]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Not sure if Netflix are after a second series, but the investigation has just been given funding for an extra year by the Home Office.

But still no extra money for the Police on wider issues.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
They won't be able to CONTROL me when the class war starts, it will be MENTAL

#NEVERTAKEMEALIVE

Really? Which side will you be on. I’d like to imagine you, Jacob Rees-Mogg and Viscount Rothermere standing back to back on Admiralty Arch twatting the untermench around the gourd with a polo hammer.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
But still no extra money for the Police on wider issues.

Source? as a quick google search says differently.

This kind of phrase seems to be used constantly as throw away political point-scoring / blame game propaganda with little or no foundation in reality, where too many take these comments at face value without ever fact checking anything

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Really? Which side will you be on. I’d like to imagine you, Jacob Rees-Mogg and Viscount Rothermere standing back to back on Admiralty Arch twatting the untermench around the gourd with a polo hammer.

Still convincd he's a tory supporting mischief maker. If a genuine labour supporter he should shut the **** up and not keep flagging the party is associated with ****weaselbrainwittery.

He's a troll, though, isn't he though?

YNWA :thumbsup:

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Stand by for all the 'if it were your child, you'd think diffrently' replies . . . .

If it were my child I wouldn't have ****ed off to a nearby bar leaving the nippers on their own, FFS.

And let's face it you are the 3,574,975th person to reply like that...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here