Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Rosenior in the Grauniad: NFL kneeling protest

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/28/nfl-protests-kneeling

Eight years ago while I was in Miami visiting my wife Erica, I lost my passport and was advised to report it to the police. I went to the local station and explained my predicament to the officer behind the window expecting to be given a mild rebuke and a form to fill. I still feel disbelief and anger about what happened...

Last edited by a moderator:

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010

I’m no Usain Bolt or Cristiano Ronaldo but I take seriously my position as a professional footballer within our society because I’m aware that whether I’m on the field of play in a packed stadium or at the local supermarket doing my weekly shop, my behaviour is scrutinised by young people who are impressionable and looking to me as a role model in their community.

We are lucky to have Liam.
Ben Stokes can learn a lot.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I don't think anyone has said that, but intelligent ones are a collector's item.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Eight years ago while I was in Miami visiting my wife Erica, I lost my passport and was advised to report it to the police. I went to the local station and explained my predicament to the officer behind the window expecting to be given a mild rebuke and a form to fill. I still feel disbelief and anger about what happened next.

[SNIP]

Why cut 'n' paste the entire article?

Liam probably won't be aware of the page views, but commissioning editors will be - and I reckon The Guardian deserve a bit of ad revenue for running these columns.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I’m no Usain Bolt or Cristiano Ronaldo but I take seriously my position as a professional footballer within our society because I’m aware that whether I’m on the field of play in a packed stadium or at the local supermarket doing my weekly shop, my behaviour is scrutinised by young people who are impressionable and looking to me as a role model in their community.

As someone who recently saw Liam out shopping and had a sneak peak in his basket (not a euphasmism), I can verify this sentence.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
If he doesn't make a career in football after he retires (he has a great chance) then his journalism skills are pretty good IMO.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Speaks a lot of sense.

LR could give lessons in humility and behaviour to a lot of footballers, Rooney for example.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I do wonder whether some of NSC's more outspoken would like to engage with Liam's argument here.

On a different note, I agree with the previous post that endorses Liam's journalism. His articles are really insightful, diverse in subject matter, and well written.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Football needs more guys like Liam, top bloke

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I love LR.

On a side note, how does Trump manage to be wrong about absolutely everything? It's quite a feat.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Your gonna get told off for cutting and pasting, NSC mafia do not like this kinda thing.... I got told off...

Oh I see their already on your case....

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Very lucky to have players like LR at our club.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Tremendous article which I read on the Guardian site. We are very lucky to have this amazing man here at our club and I believe if he wanted to he could go on to emulate CH in many ways. Alternatively I'd love to see him as a regular journalist and pundit. He'd be a breath of fresh air, the anti-Merson if you like.

A few talking points in there too eh [MENTION=257]The Large One[/MENTION] :wink:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Fact free tripe, instead of shilling for the Grauniad why not look at the figures for police brutality?

Not saying the US doesn't have problems but this isn't one of them.

But its worse than that, taking a knee is equivelent of burning your own neighbourhood down in a riot. american Patriotism, that looks OTT from here has always been a method to bind people together REGARDLESS of race etc, by unpicking this they risk escalating racial conflict.

Wrong way to protest over the wrong issues by the wrong people to do it. crap journalism.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Fact free tripe, instead of shilling for the Grauniad why not look at the figures for police brutality?

Not saying the US doesn't have problems but this isn't one of them.

But its worse than that, taking a knee is equivelent of burning your own neighbourhood down in a riot. american Patriotism, that looks OTT from here has always been a method to bind people together REGARDLESS of race etc, by unpicking this they risk escalating racial conflict.

Wrong way to protest over the wrong issues by the wrong people to do it. crap journalism.

His twitter handle is [MENTION=1387]Rose[/MENTION]nior_liam23 so I'm sure you could give him the benefit of your expert opinion directly.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here