Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's that time of year again (Spiders)

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Apart from a Gattlin Gun and laser guided arachnid death rays , how do you deal with the seasonal home invasion of these pretty harmless yet pant pooping critters?

1277193438_huge-spider-on-the-ceiling.gif

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Put some conkers in a a bowl or yoghurt pot and put them on a window seal or flat surface end of spiders.

No doubt I would wake up to a clicking noise in the middle of the night to find the 1st Spider world championship Conker tournament taking place on my windowsill ��

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I scoop them up and either:

1. Put outside if I think that's where they came from.
2. Put in a dark corner or a cupboard if they are house spiders that won't last outside.

I'm kind I am.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Spiders use to love coming into my room when I was at Uni! I was told conkers or fruit peel are great deterrents. Placed a few conkers on my window sill for a bit and they never and back!

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016

2. Put in a dark corner or a cupboard if they are house spiders that won't last outside.

I'm kind I am.

What the hell? Imagine that cupboard after a few months!! What else do you keep in there? If I did that my wife would kill me and roll me into the spider cupboard.

You're actually mental :)

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I tend to grab them depends on size, any bigger than a 50p then they get scooped into a glass, then as I live in a flat they are sent over the balconly, gently parascending down into the garden.

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
It's probably a load of old tosh but a conker in the corner of each room seems to keep them at bay.
When my daughter told me about this as a deterrent I laughed at her but it has been very successful over the last few years.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I just let them be and go on their merry little business. Unless I'm in bed and the git is walking over my face.

My wife on the other hand goes batshit crazy at the smallest spiders.

I'm trying to get her to act calmly around them so she doesn't teach my daughter to be scared of them.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I used to be a major pussy, my mum's old house was infested with what can only be described as bird eating ********! One was so big that even with a pint glass over it, it's legs still poked out either side.
Years of living on my own in a spider infested flat forced me to get over my fears (kind of) and seeing as though my cat is fat and useless, my Mrs screams and won't even be in the same room as one and my step-daughter is equally as helpful, I am the designated catcher of the hairy little twats.
Even though I detest them, I won't kill them, a strict catch and release policy in my flat.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I usually tread on them, but am fearful of a 3 game ban if I now do this, so I will probably pick them up and take them outside and give them some cake and tea and send them on their merry way

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Vacuum cleaner for me, if they are anything as big as one that was in the front room last night. Smallers ones get evicted.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

I'm kind I am.
You freak!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here