Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Easyjet Flights - September 2018

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's a bit early to be planning for Champions League games - we don't know the draw yet.

North East Seagull

Jul 6, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I have flown with Ryanair around 60 times over the last 5 years, never been cancelled and the most delayed I have been on arrival is about 30 mins. I flown with easyJet about 10 times in same period and been cancelled (when at the airport) twice, including getting stranded with zero assistance in Milan and also re-routed to Glasgow a day late and left to sort out getting back to original airport myself.
EasyJet, it's a no from me.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I have flown with Ryanair around 60 times over the last 5 years, never been cancelled and the most delayed I have been on arrival is about 30 mins. I flown with easyJet about 10 times in same period and been cancelled (when at the airport) twice, including getting stranded with zero assistance in Milan and also re-routed to Glasgow a day late and left to sort out getting back to original airport myself.
Nice retort Michael

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Nowt wrong with Easyjet IMHO, use them quite often for Edinburgh trips in particular - usually cheaper than BA, service is the same now BA charge for drinks/food and schedules are better (and I use BA a lot for other destinations - at least once a month). Also used Easyjet for a holiday flight to the Canaries this summer - bang on time both ways and only £100 each for 4 of us. Seem to be using mostly newish planes now as well.

Only used Ryanair a couple of times and don't ever plan to do so again.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
People who say they'll never use a certain carrier, how do they expect to get to a destination that is served only by that airline? It's all well and good claiming you'll never fly with X, but in reality you may have no choice in the future.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nowt wrong with Easyjet IMHO, use them quite often for Edinburgh trips in particular - usually cheaper than BA, service is the same now BA charge for drinks/food and schedules are better (and I use BA a lot for other destinations - at least once a month). Also used Easyjet for a holiday flight to the Canaries this summer - bang on time both ways and only £100 each for 4 of us. Seem to be using mostly newish planes now as well.

Only used Ryanair a couple of times and don't ever plan to do so again.

Very much this. I've said before that since Stelious was booted out they have morphed into a very decent airline. I find the Gatwick North Terminal base a pain but other than this they are decent.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine

I've flown Easyjet 26 times in the last year and apart from a couple of annoying delays (2 hours max) they've been fine. Maybe I got lucky.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've flown Easyjet 26 times in the last year and apart from a couple of annoying delays (2 hours max) they've been fine. Maybe I got lucky.

I did exactly EasyJet 20 flights last year and the only issue I had was a single 3 hour delay.

North East Seagull

Jul 6, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I think that is it, being lucky, particularly with no frills carriers who don't have the spare aircraft to sub-in when things go wrong. But what did for me with easyJet was the total lack of customer service they offered, both during and after the cancellations. It just struck me that it suited them to cancel the flights and they didn't care about the punters. I suspect Ryanair (and many other airlines) would be/are the same though. Not many carriers I wouldn't fly with but rule out anyone on the European banned list or anyone using older Russian planes!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

This summer, easyJet saw fit to delay my flight for 3 hours, then cancel it owing to "staff having worked their allotted hours" - they didn't even bother getting anyone from management to announce it, they just allowed two minions to confirm they could get us on the next flight 3 days later.

So as if ruining ours and other people's family holidays (leaving youngsters in tears) wasn't bad enough, they have since decided they are not liable for the compensation (as directed by the EU), as they have changed their story - apparently it is now the fault of air traffic control.

They are a disgusting company and I'll only ever use them again if I absolutely have to.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
They are a disgusting company and I'll only ever use them again if I absolutely have to.

Very much agree.

I got bumped from a flight back from Milan a while back because it was oversubscribed. I was told there wasn't another flight back to Gatwick with available seats for 24 hours even though there were 5 flights between when I was flying and when they could get me on a flight. In the terminal they had a computer for booking their flights so I went and had a look to see what the deal was. They were still selling all 5 flights including the one I'd been bumped from. I pointed this out to the customer service woman who showed me all of the 5 flights. The worst was oversubscribed by 8 people!!

I was offered a flight back to Edinburgh (helpful) or an overnight stay which I didn't fancy as it was at the shit airport in Milan (in their own ghastly orange terminal). They eventually managed to get me on a flight to Luton some 5 hours later but I had to wait until 15 minutes before that departed to know whether I was going to be on it.

Vowed never to fly with them again unless I had to which I did yesterday coming back from Berlin. Again shit airport, shit plane, horrid check in staff. Made sure I arrived chuffing early so I didn't get bumped again only to be told I couldn't check in until 2 hours before the flight.

Flew out with BA which cost about £20 more and the difference was unbelievable.

Ryanair on the other hand I don't mind. Aside from making the mistake of not printing my boarding pass once (and you only make that mistake once!) I've never had any issues with them.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter

Was it their (EasyJet's) fault on those occasions? Often people are quick to blame the carrier for hold-ups when often it's out of their control. Same with train operators, and I know I'll get shot down for suggesting that (I feel dirty just saying it).

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Was it their (EasyJet's) fault on those occasions? Often people are quick to blame the carrier for hold-ups when often it's out of their control. Same with train operators, and I know I'll get shot down for suggesting that (I feel dirty just saying it).

Probably not Easyjet's fault. Often the plane gets caught up in the ground traffic at Gatwick and that knocks its schedule for the rest of the day.

Had a delay once in Paris because some **** American had to prove that their bag would fit in the cabin baggage measuring gauge! After forcing it into the gauge and looking all smug about it they couldn't get it out again. In the end the ground crew had to call a maintenance man with an angle grinder to cut the bag out. Suffice to say when the Yank boarded the plane he received a torrent of abuse from the French passengers, the English just tutted loudly.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here