Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace- PL Records they could smash this season

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Palace now hold the record of starting a season with zero goals and zero points from their first 6 matches! A record that no other club has managed to achieve since 1888, which got me looking at the premier league stats to see what other records they could smash this season.
Fewest points in a season (11) Derby County
Longest winless run from the start of a season (16) QPR
Least home wins in a season (1) Derby county
Most defeats in a season (29) Ipswich, Sunderland, Derby
Most home defeats in a season (14) sunderland
Fewest home goals in a season (10) Man city)
Most away defeats in a season (17) Burnley
Most consecutive PL defeats in a season (15) sunderland
Fewest PL goals in a season (20) Derby
Fewest PL goals scored away in a season (8). 4 teams
Most goals conceded in PL (38 matches) (89) Derby
Most home goals conceded (38 match season) (43) Derby, wolves
Most away goals conceded (38 match season) (55) Wigan
Worst PL goal difference in a 38 match season (-69) derby
Most consecutive PL matches without a win (32) derby
There's probably quite a few other records they could hold outright also, such as most times a team has been relegated from the PL as they currently have that accolade with 3 other clubs (4 times).
Palace have started the season rewriting PL history. Long may it continue!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I don't think they'll get any of those. I also think they could be above us if they win at the AMEX.

That's why I'll wait till the end of the season for bragging rights.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I don't think they'll get any of those. I also think they could be above us if they win at the AMEX.

That's why I'll wait till the end of the season for bragging rights.

That might be true but with Man U and Chelsea to come, I' bet they will be on 0 points after 8 games (may nick a goal, who knows). If that was us, they'd be giving it larger - as should we to them. I'm not waiting until the end of the season, the chance to laugh might have passed by then.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I am all for enjoying the moment, but some are getting way too carried away, its only 6 games into the season !..

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I am all for enjoying the moment, but some are getting way too carried away, its only 6 games into the season !..

What do you think it would be like on here if the roles were reversed? This place would be full of Palace numbnuts telling us how shit we are etc... it would be unbearable. We have to enjoy the opportunity while we have it.

If we are 2-0 up after 10 mins at the Amex are you going to refuse to sing in case they come back and can rub it in our faces?

The simple fact is that no team in the history of top flight football have ever been as bad as they have been so far this season. That record may never be broken if they lose the next two to nil. If you can't enjoy that you need your head tested.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
What do you think it would be like on here if the roles were reversed? This place would be full of Palace numbnuts telling us how shit we are etc... it would be unbearable. We have to enjoy the opportunity while we have it.

If we are 2-0 up after 10 mins at the Amex are you going to refuse to sing in case they come back and can rub it in our faces?

The simple fact is that no team in the history of top flight football have ever been as bad as they have been so far this season. That record may never be broken if they lose the next two to nil. If you can't enjoy that you need your head tested.

Good point well put!! It's not often we have bragging rights so let's enjoy it while it lasts

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

I am enjoying the moment, very much so... I am just not leaving myself open too a horrible turn of events to bite me on the arse.

If we get to the end of the season and stay up I will be dishing out in spades.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Palace now hold the record of starting a season with zero goals and zero points from their first 6 matches! A record that no other club has managed to achieve since 1888
That wording makes it sound like maybe another team achieved the feat in 1888. Just to be clear, they didn't, no team has achieved such a record, ever!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That might be true but with Man U and Chelsea to come, I' bet they will be on 0 points after 8 games (may nick a goal, who knows). If that was us, they'd be giving it larger - as should we to them. I'm not waiting until the end of the season, the chance to laugh might have passed by then.
I don't disagree with your general point, but I would like to add that the chance to laugh at their record breaking start will never go away. Even if they stay up and we're relegated, they will still have the record.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I'm just enjoying the ride with Brighton, and what is happening at Palace is just an extra. But I won't be mocking them as the season is still young, they have decent players, and when they click the results will come. If we finish above them on goal difference come May, then I'll be happy, but TBH it's all about us and 17th for me!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I absolutely agree with the sentiment of making hay whilst the sun shines, although I wouldn't be surprised if they got some sort of result in the Chelsea fixture. If they don't though, they are then away to Newcastle and that's no gimme. It's not inconceivable that they'll be 0-0-9 after that one.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Before a ball was kicked this season, all I wanted was for this club not to get any of Derby's records! Especially the lowest points one!
Now thinking we can cope at this level, again with a fantastic team spirit, and the players are now gelling, so hoping for mid-table mediocrity in our first season in the Premier League! :albion2:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Palace now hold the record of starting a season with zero goals and zero points from their first 6 matches! A record that no other club has managed to achieve since 1888, which got me looking at the premier league stats to see what other records they could smash this season.
There's probably quite a few other records they could hold outright also, such as most times a team has been relegated from the PL as they currently have that accolade with 3 other clubs (4 times).

They could yet attain the "record defeat" one too, currently held by Ipswich. That said, they'd already be joint holders of that one if the Premier League had started 3 or 4 years earlier.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Most managers in a season, whats that one?

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
Blimey, some teams really have had miserable seasons at this level. Reminds me not to get too carried away with our adequate start, as we're still in competition for a lot of those records ourselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here