Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Labour voters are political dimwits...

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Incorrect. When the franchise owners handed back the East Coast main line in 2009 because they couldn't make money, the [Labour] government took over and ran it at a profit. Then they [by now Tories] handed it to Virgin & Stagecoach so that they could make the profit instead, the fares went up and we pay Virgin a massive subsidy. So we lose, passengers lose and shareholders do very nicely at our expense.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/oct/26/east-coast-mainline-why-privatise

You would think the advent of the interwebs, where information can be quickly and easily fact-checked, would result in less spread of misinformation. Apparently not.

ALBION28

Jul 26, 2011
DONCASTER
Yes they do. They want to take us back to the dark ages. Remember the 70s? I do. Horrendous.

Guess you weren't a seagull fan back then, the glory days of Peter Ward and co. Free Uni tuition, lovely grants. Plentiful council housing. Lower costs on rail travel. Personally best years of my life. The wonderful war generation still with us having fought for the positive freedoms we enjoyed. The music...I still listen to it now takes me back. Then.....hmmm

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Incorrect. When the franchise owners handed back the East Coast main line in 2009 because they couldn't make money, the [Labour] government took over and ran it at a profit. Then they [by now Tories] handed it to Virgin & Stagecoach so that they could make the profit instead, the fares went up and we pay Virgin a massive subsidy. So we lose, passengers lose and shareholders do very nicely at our expense.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/oct/26/east-coast-mainline-why-privatise

Why do you think they privatised it in the 1st place

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Guess you weren't a seagull fan back then, the glory days of Peter Ward and co. Free Uni tuition, lovely grants. Plentiful council housing. Lower costs on rail travel. Personally best years of my life. The wonderful war generation still with us having fought for the positive freedoms we enjoyed. The music...I still listen to it now takes me back. Then.....hmmm

Always been a Brighton fan. Yeah music was good. Yes sir the war generation were with us . Kids respected their elders and the police. What else? Ah yes strikes at Leyland,miners . The winter of discontent that done for the Labour government and the horrendous mountain of stinking rotten rubbish that had built up due to uncollected bins. Before anyone says its a bit like todays Brighton bin men believe me it really isn't.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh but they do. They just say we're not taking questions on that ala chakrabati . Glad you like my insights Harry.

Thanks. I feel so much better informed now.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Always been a Brighton fan. Yeah music was good. Yes sir the war generation were with us . Kids respected their elders and the police. What else? Ah yes strikes at Leyland,miners . The winter of discontent that done for the Labour government and the horrendous mountain of stinking rotten rubbish that had built up due to uncollected bins. Before anyone says its a bit like todays Brighton bin men believe me it really isn't.

I guess you were asleep when the country was transformed during the Blair years.

If you want to be narrow mindedly partizan, I take you back to the 60s and the Tory candidate in London who's election posters proclaimed 'if you want a ****** for a neighbour, vote labour'.

Times have changed. Do try to keep up.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I guess you were asleep when the country was transformed during the Blair years.

If you want to be narrow mindedly partizan, I take you back to the 60s and the Tory candidate in London who's election posters proclaimed 'if you want a ****** for a neighbour, vote labour'.

Times have changed. Do try to keep up.

I actually saw the leaflet concerned,about 10 years ago.It was actually for a bye-election in Smethwick.Some lovely characters from the British Movement (nazis) had arranged for them to be delivered with Tory leaflets.(Colin Jordan and Robert Relf,well known in right wing circles).The leafleteer kept a copy,and regularly produced it in the pub I used when I worked in Oldbury.Strange,but true!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I actually saw the leaflet concerned,about 10 years ago.It was actually for a bye-election in Smethwick.Some lovely characters from the British Movement (nazis) had arranged for them to be delivered with Tory leaflets.(Colin Jordan and Robert Relf,well known in right wing circles).The leafleteer kept a copy,and regularly produced it in the pub I used when I worked in Oldbury.Strange,but true!

You would think the media would have picked up on that. Thank goodness you can reveal the truth.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Ah, the winter of discontent. The good old days of the last hard left labour government. 29m days lost to strikes. 29million. I think there were a few tens thousands last year, to put in perspective. Len will be rubbing his hands. Search for a few of the union bigwigs by name on Facebook and Durham Miners and you,will see them talking about action this winter from a reunion event earlier this year

Last edited:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Ah, the winter of discontent. The good old days of the last hard left labour government. 29m days lost to strikes. 29million. I think there were a few tens thousands last year, to put in perspective. Len will be rubbing his hands. Search for a few of the union bigwigs by name on Facebook and Durham Miners and you,will see them talking about action this winter from a reunion event earlier this year

I know HG and corbyn does and says nothing to condemn this. Positively encouraging it. Nasty party.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

If you want to be narrow mindedly partizan, I take you back to the 60s and the Tory candidate in London who's election posters proclaimed 'if you want a ****** for a neighbour, vote labour'..

What's that got to do with what I posted. Typical of the left bring race into the argument. Nasty party.
Anti Semitic Labour rotten to the core. Do carry on quoting race issues of the 60s . Times have changed Do keep up. Nasty party.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Screenshot from 2017-09-28 07-08-11.png

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
What's that got to do with what I posted. Typical of the left bring race into the argument. Nasty party.
Anti Semitic Labour rotten to the core. Do carry on quoting race issues of the 60s . Times have changed Do keep up. Nasty party.

Are you Donald Trump?

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Are you Donald Trump?
Oh right so race is thrown at me I defend myself and now I'm trump. You couldn't make you corbynistas up. I despise the deluded fool. I have a different opinion to you but Do carry on throwing the cheap insults. Mind you when the left are in an argument they often result to insults or racism to silence the other side. Carry on though. Notice i havent insulted you because although I don't like your views I respect them. Have a good day.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Oh right so race is thrown at me I defend myself and now I'm trump. You couldn't make you corbynistas up. I despise the deluded fool. I have a different opinion to you but Do carry on throwing the cheap insults. Mind you when the left are in an argument they often result to insults or racism to silence the other side. Carry on though. Notice i havent insulted you because although I don't like your views I respect them. Have a good day.

OK, it went over your head. I was referring to you way of ending your posts.

Trump would use BAD etc etc
You use NASTY PARTY etc etc.

'What's that got to do with what I posted. Typical of the left bring race into the argument. Nasty party.
Anti Semitic Labour rotten to the core. Do carry on quoting race issues of the 60s . Times have changed Do keep up. Nasty party.'

'I know HG and corbyn does and says nothing to condemn this. Positively encouraging it. Nasty party.'

You post in a similar style. Thats all. So, please calm down and stop frothing.

Last edited:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You would think the media would have picked up on that. Thank goodness you can reveal the truth.

As it was in the mid-sixties,unless the Express and Star's archives go back that far,I don't suppose much hard evidence exists.Although,saying that,perhaps some exists in the USA.It was quite a big deal,with the KKK and Malcolm X visiting,only time the world knew Smethwick existed!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
As it was in the mid-sixties,unless the Express and Star's archives go back that far,I don't suppose much hard evidence exists.Although,saying that,perhaps some exists in the USA.It was quite a big deal,with the KKK and Malcolm X visiting,only time the world knew Smethwick existed!

Good job you met a bloke in the pub then isnt it.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
It certainly is.I've met a few interesting characters in pubs.Take Robert Relf,for example.Used to meet him in my father-in-laws local,the Fusilier,on the Sydenham estate in Leamington Spa.He lived just the other side of the canal bridge.Very famous,or infamous,for refusing to sell his house to a non-white,and,I think,one of the first people prosecuted under the Race Relations Act.Even you must have heard of him,unless your head is permanently stuck where the sun don't shine.Anyway,time for a pub lunch,but only Blues players in my local,nobody famous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here