Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

"Safeguarding" - I don't get it.

1 Not allowed!
    A few months ago one of the kids at my youngest's junior school ended up getting a nasty bit of sunburn on her face and arms. After much ado, the school told parents that under 'Safeguarding Policy', teachers are not allowed to touch a child, so the application of suncream is 'out of the question'. I confronted the head of the school and asked her straight, "is this about protecting your school from litigation?", and she replies 'yes'. So I said, ' Thats fine, but what about your duty of care to the child, surely that must come first? She had no answer, just that 'its policy' along with a condescending smile.
    Last week a 7 year old kid at the same school had a tantrum because he hates the place and did not want to go in. End result, he was physically dragged in by two teachers, quite roughly, with no thought of his wellbeing or state of mind.
    This shite makes my f**king blood boil. WTF is going on when teachers will watch a child burn under this bullshit flag of "Safeguarding" but then manhandle a 7 year old kid about like a pair of untrained bouncers with no regard to the child's safety.
    This safeguarding scam is guarding only one thing, the jobs of the c***s in on the swindle, and while they're counting out the 'funding', our kids are burning.
    censored:
    Have you seen the Muppet Show........

• North Stand Chat

advertising

12 Not allowed!
      If it's sunny and hot its the parent's duty to apply sun cream before school starts. I do it all the time up here in sunny Yorkshire.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bob'n'weave View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      A few months ago one of the kids at my youngest's junior school ended up getting a nasty bit of sunburn on her face and arms. After much ado, the school told parents that under 'Safeguarding Policy', teachers are not allowed to touch a child, so the application of suncream is 'out of the question'. I confronted the head of the school and asked her straight, "is this about protecting your school from litigation?", and she replies 'yes'. So I said, ' Thats fine, but what about your duty of care to the child, surely that must come first? She had no answer, just that 'its policy' along with a condescending smile.
      Last week a 7 year old kid at the same school had a tantrum because he hates the place and did not want to go in. End result, he was physically dragged in by two teachers, quite roughly, with no thought of his wellbeing or state of mind.
      This shite makes my f**king blood boil. WTF is going on when teachers will watch a child burn under this bullshit flag of "Safeguarding" but then manhandle a 7 year old kid about like a pair of untrained bouncers with no regard to the child's safety.
      This safeguarding scam is guarding only one thing, the jobs of the c***s in on the swindle, and while they're counting out the 'funding', our kids are burning.
      censored:
      Safeguarding scam? yeah ok...

0 Not allowed!
      Of course, silly me.

Oh, by the way the child is still burning and in pain. What are you going to do? Get the popcorn out?
      Have you seen the Muppet Show........
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Of course, silly me.

Oh, by the way the child is still burning and in pain. What are you going to do? Get the popcorn out?
      Why didn't you as the child's parent put suncream on your child?

1 Not allowed!
      censored:
      Surely the issue is that they weren't meant to grab the child under the same reason they can't apply sun cream.

Both would fall under safeguarding.
      The Bernie Taupin of the Football Chant world

Quote Originally Posted by Husty View Post
      Not the sharpest tool in the draw are you?
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

5 Not allowed!
      They can't give an upset small child a cuddle either, how the world has changed...mostly for the worse. I get it but it's a sad reminder of the times we live in.
      Winners never quit and quitters never win -Vince Lombardi

8 Not allowed!
      Putting sun cream on a child at 8.30 is not going to help a child at lunchtime.

My sister in law works at a school, where there are children crawling with head lice, but they're not allowed to send them home, shampoo their hair or even comb it with a fine toothed comb.

Bring back Nurse Nitty Norah.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      The true measure of any society can be found in how it treats its most vulnerable members. Mahatma Gandhi
      Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Oh no. Another moron.
      "I never mentioned horses!"

0 Not allowed!
      Apparently now teachers and nursery practitioners are also unable to check if a child has head lice