Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sponsorship of Managers' Seating

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
With the advent of our premier league football and TV's focus on the managers during a game I am somewhat surprised that we have a local Pizza restaurant sponsoring the Managers' seating areas. Surprised that they can afford it and surprised they weren't outbid by a bigger corporate/multinational sponsor. Whilst it's great having local businesses represented like Donatellos who have sponsored is through bad times and good, I would have thought that we were now out of their price bracket.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
With the advent of our premier league football and TV's focus on the managers during a game I am somewhat surprised that we have a local Pizza restaurant sponsoring the Managers' seating areas. Surprised that they can afford it and surprised they weren't outbid by a bigger corporate/multinational sponsor. Whilst it's great having local businesses represented like Donatellos who have sponsored is through bad times and good, I would have thought that we were now out of their price bracket.

you don't forget your friends just because you get bigger

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Probably the last ad location that Donatellos can afford at the Amex! Assume all over ad locations must cost small fortunes now.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
? Please expand

The sponsorship packages have, in some cases, doubled in price, making it unaffordable for some local businesses who hitherto had been happy to put their money in.

It's understandable to a point when being in the Premier League means you can attract bigger business from further afield, but does that follow that you do this at the expense of the faithful sponsors of the past few years - when there could be some package put in place to keep them onside...? I'll throw it open for discussion.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The sponsorship packages have, in some cases, doubled in price, making it unaffordable for some local businesses who hitherto had been happy to put their money in.

It's understandable to a point when being in the Premier League means you can attract bigger business from further afield, but does that follow that you do this at the expense of the faithful sponsors of the past few years - when there could be some package put in place to keep them onside...? I'll throw it open for discussion.

In the grand scheme of things it would almost be petty cash being lost to stick with the smaller sponsors that have been there for decades in some cases, at a favourable rate. Not gonna happen though is it.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
What sponsorship for the Palarse managers cold seat?
' To Be Announced'

Martin-Baker Ejector seats.

Lose against chelsea and :
Martin-Baker-870x450.jpg

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
In the grand scheme of things it would almost be petty cash being lost to stick with the smaller sponsors that have been there for decades in some cases, at a favourable rate. Not gonna happen though is it.

Bit like saying we should find places for mayo and hart in the team!!��

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bit like saying we should find places for mayo and hart in the team!!��

Not really though is it. We are awash with money and people like Donatello's were there when we didn't have a pot to piss in. It's not good business practice but I'd like to see it happen :shrug:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not really though is it. We are awash with money and people like Donatello's were there when we didn't have a pot to piss in. It's not good business practice but I'd like to see it happen :shrug:

I was only teasing but as the OP stated donatellos has a presence, as do a number of other local suppliers (James Ross, parkers to name 2). Amex, JD Sports, etc have much deeper pockets and who knows the deals with them maybe "R" proof.

If we want to spend more we have to maximise long term revenue, but if we want to maximise cash flow (to fund a forward) we have to maximise short term revenue (or borrow).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here