Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tourist Bingo Full House

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Couple sat next to us today :

'Who is that bloke in the suit having his picture taken with all the kids ?' (That'll be the chairman......)

Picnic in a rucksack. A Liverpool FC rucksack.

Left on 42 mins to get a drink.

Left on 86 mins to get out.

....and spent half time telling me she'd supported the club 'through thick and thin'.....

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

'Who is that bloke in the suit having his picture taken with all the kids ?' (That'll be the chairman......)

I pity them. They'll never get what it means to support your local club fully through thick and thin and to feel a part of something very wonderful and life-affirming.

therealdsg

Sep 3, 2011
Preston Park

....and spent half time telling me she'd supported the club 'through thick and thin'.....

Probably the same person I saw moaning about the pat down having queued in the wrong queue then getting upset people didn’t let her queue jump to the front of the women’s pat down queue.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Get used to it, going to the football is a day out for a lot of tourists/families/aresholes

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Met up with some guys from Sweden who were staying in London for the weekend. They had been to AFC Wimbledon v MK Dons Friday night. Barnet v Crawley yesterday and our match today. Both in their seventies. I respect that massively.

el punal

So if any Albion fans happen to visit Barcelona and take in a match at the Nou Camp (or should that be Camp Nou?) is that wrong? FFS! Most of us have been a neutral at one football match or other in our lives, so why should it be a problem with visiting the Amex?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So if any Albion fans happen to visit Barcelona and take in a match at the Nou Camp (or should that be Camp Nou?) is that wrong? FFS! Most of us have been a neutral at one football match or other in our lives, so why should it be a problem with visiting the Amex?

If I went to the Nou Camp I wouldn't take my lunch in a Real Betis rucksack & insist I'd supported Barca through thick and thicker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
In spite of having a 28k season ticket waiting list, the Emirates Public Library attracts more tourists on a match day than Le Tour Eiffel and the Derwent Pencil Museum in Cumbria combined on any given Saturday I'm reliably informed by a couple of Arsenal supporting attendees. One week they're sitting next to a family from Singapore, the next week a bunch of Danes.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
In spite of having a 28k season ticket waiting list, the Emirates Public Library attracts more tourists on a match day than Le Tour Eiffel and the Derwent Pencil Museum in Cumbria combined on any given Saturday I'm reliably informed by a couple of Arsenal supporting attendees. One week they're sitting next to a family from Singapore, the next week a bunch of Danes.

I hope the Danes are house trained. Big dogs, eat too much.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I took my mum to the game today, meaning that my normal seat was returned to the club. After the game we met up with my Amex neighbours who said that the seat had been sold - to a chap who had arrived 10 minutes after kick off (apparently he'd gone to the East rather than West), sat down and promptly said he was a ManU supporter, and left at half time because he had to "get back to Conference".

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

If we're ever invaded again, these types will be 5th columnists. In my partisan outfit, they'd be shot without trial!! JCVL scum!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here