Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2027282930

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by carlzeiss View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/22/e...cli/index.html

Riots in Stuttgart, Germany, leave dozens arrested and injured

A routine drug arrest in the German city of Stuttgart erupted into violent riots and widespread looting on Sunday night, leaving 24 rioters arrested and 19 police officers injured, said city authorities.
    Stuttgart Mayor Fritz Kuhn condemned the riots, calling the violence "unacceptable," and reiterating his support for law enforcement. The riots had crossed a line that neither alcohol nor the will to show off on social media could excuse, he said in a statement Sunday, warning that "violence against emergency services is not tolerated."
    The unrest began after police officers conducted checks in the city center relating to reports of drug dealing. After police carried out a preliminary arrest, a crowd of partygoers in the surrounding area allegedly attacked the officers in "solidarity" with the detained suspect, according to a statement from the city government.

The police were initially able to push back the crowd using pepper spray, but tensions escalated quickly, said the statement. At one point, several hundred people were facing off against the police, throwing stones, bottles, and other objects picked up from a construction site.
    Rioters, moving through the city in small groups, also targeted city property by damaging billboards and spraying graffiti. At least 30 stores were damaged, and nine reported looting. 12 police patrol cars were "massively damaged," said the government statement.
    "Vehicles were hit with poles, posts and windows were smashed," the police said.
    Around 300 police officers were deployed in response, including federal police. The unrest finally began dying down in the early hours of the morning, just before dawn.
    Don't look over here, look over there....

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      It's very strange that people still have this obsession with Germany.
      Each to his choice, and I rejoice the lot has fallen to me
      In a fair ground-in a fair ground -
      Yea, Sussex by the sea!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Springal View Post
      Not sure what point you are trying to prove but I imagine Worthing has more ethnic diversity now than it did in the 80s. So yes I probably do know more black people now in Worthing than you did in the 80s. By the way we're a good 30 years from the 80s now, the worlds moved on

Of course the irony in all of this is - you say how refreshing not to mention race, but you were the one that did do it in response to the story he posted.
      ok mate ....i just thought it was noteworthy that no mention was made ....." by the way we're a good 30 years from the 80's now , the worlds moved on " , in some ways mate , in a lot of ways we've gone backwards.....cheers anyway , not going to bitch on the Albion board about stuff that i can't do anything about , i'm not sure in the 21st century why some people can't see beyond skin colour ......i think a lot of them are missing a chromosome or two...
      FLOUNDERING...!!!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by ManOfSussex View Post
      It's very strange that people still have this obsession with Germany.
      Yep from the country with one tenth of our covid death rate....

0 Not allowed!
      What’s this got to do with Albion??