Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Strong and Stable - Congratulations to Angela Merkel on a 4th term

larus

You appear naive about how governments work in PR systems. Do some research :wave:

I know perfectly well how PR works. You however don’t seem to understand the outcome of this current German election. It’s not ‘Strong & Stable’. Read up on it and listen to news reports. Merkel is now viewed as being weakened and may not last the full term.

There are also potential knock-on effects here. This will weaken the ability of the EU/ECB to keep buying bonds in the weakest southern countries, as there will now need to be more accountability to German public opinion on this. This is not a good result for Germany nor the EU.:O

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
But you were congratulating the Germans on this election result when they've just taken a massive lurch to the right. All is not well in Europe and this is symptomatic of it. I admire your misplaced complacency.

:lolol: Best we get Dads Army going

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I know perfectly well how PR works. You however don’t seem to understand the outcome of this current German election. It’s not ‘Strong & Stable’. Read up on it and listen to news reports. Merkel is now viewed as being weakened and may not last the full term.

There are also potential knock-on effects here. This will weaken the ability of the EU/ECB to keep buying bonds in the weakest southern countries, as there will now need to be more accountability to German public opinion on this. This is not a good result for Germany nor the EU.:O

Is this the EU that was going to implode post the Brexit vote, Netherlands to vote out, then France etc. That was well called :lolol:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
But you were congratulating the Germans on this election result when they've just taken a massive lurch to the right. All is not well in Europe and this is symptomatic of it. I admire your misplaced complacency.

Such a weird thread. Spot on [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION]

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
:lolol: Best we get Dads Army going

You've stated that German voters are more enlightened than us in the UK. The German far-right got 1 in 8 of all votes and now hold seats in their Parliament whereas today this BBC tweet is how influential the far-right is in Britain. Yet we're the nation full of narrow-minded nationalists who could learn a thing or two from the Germans according to you. I don't want to point out the obvious matey but you might want to reconsider all that hubris.

Capture.jpg

larus

Is this the EU that was going to implode post the Brexit vote, Netherlands to vote out, then France etc. That was well called :lolol:

So you think the EU/EURO is stable? :ffsparr: Greece, Spain, Italy, Portugal financial ‘strength’. Poland/Hungary confrontation. Still using QE. No fiscal transfers which are the root cause of the internal financial strains. Germany running huge surpluses. Yep, nothing to see here. (But don’t look too close please).

But, if you think this is a strong and stable vote then I’m not surprised.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
You've stated that German voters are more enlightened than us in the UK. The German far-right got 1 in 8 of all votes and now hold seats in their Parliament whereas today this BBC tweet is how influential the far-right is in Britain. Yet we're the nation full of narrow-minded nationalists who could learn a thing or two from the Germans according to you. I don't want to point out the obvious matey but you might want to reconsider all that hubris.]

i am not your matey (do people really still say that?) and you are misquoting me.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
i am not your matey fortunately (do people still say that?)

Out of that entire post of mine you quoted, you just want to talk about my use of the word 'matey'. I guess that means either you don't understand the point I was making, you do understand the point I was making but had no answer to it or you prefer to make this exchange personal and more than a little bit snide. Either ways, there's no point us going any further. Cheerio matey.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Her country is ****ed because her :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

D

Deleted member 22389

Don't know Merkel has to celebrate, in another few years I think the afd will be even more popular than they are now.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Ooof!! The right wing EU hating cucks on here sure don't like to see an EU nation success story. Must sting a bit after the self inflicted misery of Brexit.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Ooof!! The right wing EU hating cucks on here sure don't like to see an EU nation success story. Must sting a bit after the self inflicted misery of Brexit.
Another inexplicable post. How is this election result good for the EU? A racist, anti EU party has got a massive number of MPs and a large percentage of the national vote. I am pretty concerned for Germany and i think Merkel and her party are devastated by this result.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Another inexplicable post. How is this election result good for the EU? A racist, anti EU party has got a massive number of MPs and a large percentage of the national vote. I am pretty concerned for Germany and i think Merkel and her party are devastated by this result.

They have a strong, consistent leadership with their people at the heart of their policies. It's why they get voted in again and again. They are everything our government is not.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

I have always respected your moderation but you need to check this one - the previous poster didn't actually describe it as a success for the EU. I've only just glanced at this thread - been wallowing in Newcastle reports - but I wasn't surprised seeing the pleasure among some NSC Brexiteers at the German result and the rise of AfD. I would imagine that AfD would have got a multiple of its 13 per cent if the German people had simply been asked "Do you think we should have lots more immigrants, or fewer?", which was how many British people saw the referendum question. Fortunately for Germany, the issue in its case was raised within the wider context of a general election rather in a close-to-binary question. Perhaps the Germans have bad memories of referendums.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here