NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
:thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wow, a whole 32.5% of the vote. Leader of a coalition. Note the 13.5% for AfD too. Not all so rosy in the motherland behind the headlines :lol:

It's PR here, which engenders coalitions as every vote counts. I could have said you're ignorant of political systems but I'll refrain from this.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Wow, a whole 32.5% of the vote. Leader of a coalition. Note the 13.5% for AfD too. Not all so rosy in the motherland behind the headlines :lol:

Very true, months of haggling ahead. Far right up to third place, inevitable considering the suicidal immigration policy by Merkel. More repercussions likely as the Fatherland comes to terms with this in the coming years.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And what has the electoral system got to do with the percentage of the vote? I think there is someone who is ignorant, but it isn't me. :tosser:

In a PR system, by the very definition, the percentage is the essence of the vote. You can Google it for more info.

larus

In a PR system, by the very definition, the percentage is the essence of the vote. You can Google it for more info.

Think you're been drinking too much.

You're on about 'Strong And Stable'. Well, it's not so strong and stable as the SPD are saying they will not go into a Grand Coalition.

That leaves the 'minor' parties to negotiate and there are major policy disagreements between the Greens and FDP. The third placed (AfD) party is effectively 'barred' as no-one will go into coalition with them - hmm, so much for democracy and every vote counts. Only count as long as you vote the right way.

Yep pal - it is sure looking like strong and stable. She even polls less than the Tories who, according to the left-wing 'f*ck-tards', are despised. Nice to see the Merkle is so resoundingly popular with 1/3 of the population.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bloody hell! We have just secured 3 points and fellow fans are arguing about politics, German ones as well [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Two great results! I wasn't at the game so I'm lying on my bed multi-tasking with a glass of red wine :wink:

By the way, I tried booking into the usual Xmas hotel and they wanted over double the price I've paid for the past 4-5 years this year. Decided to stay at Hotel Du Vin instead.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Think you're been drinking too much.

You're on about 'Strong And Stable'. Well, it's not so strong and stable as the SPD are saying they will not go into a Grand Coalition.

That leaves the 'minor' parties to negotiate and there are major policy disagreements between the Greens and FDP. The third placed (AfD) party is effectively 'barred' as no-one will go into coalition with them - hmm, so much for democracy and every vote counts. Only count as long as you vote the right way.

Yep pal - it is sure looking like strong and stable. She even polls less than the Tories who, according to the left-wing 'f*ck-tards', are despised. Nice to see the Merkle is so resoundingly popular with 1/3 of the population.

You seem to be surprised by all of this; welcome to German coalition politics. It's the way they have engineered the system here....they don't like single parties holding all the power. They have a system and Merkel has won it again...and for a 4th time. She can only beat what is put in front of her.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Enjoy the horse-trading over the next few weeks and months. Could be interesting and definitely not 'Strong And Stable'.

Deleted. I can't be arsed.

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Two great results! I wasn't at the game so I'm lying on my bed multi-tasking with a glass of red wine :wink:

By the way, I tried booking into the usual Xmas hotel and they wanted over double the price I've paid for the past 4-5 years this year. Decided to stay at Hotel Du Vin instead.

Place is covered in Scaffolding and looks a real mess, they are taking the piss, HDV much better, we can meet for a drink or three!

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
People talking about the rise of the far right in Germany but if we had a PR system UKIP would have been 3rd at the last election and with more than 13% of the vote.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Place is covered in Scaffolding and looks a real mess, they are taking the piss, HDV much better, we can meet for a drink or three!

Agree.

Better cocktails in HDV as well. First ones are on me.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
People talking about the rise of the far right in Germany but if we had a PR system UKIP would have been 3rd at the last election and with more than 13% of the vote.

Not sure where you got your stats from Rip Van Winkle.

CON Conservative 42.4
LAB Labour 40.0
LD Liberal Democrat 7.4
SNP Scottish National Party 3.0
UKIP UKIP 1.8
GRN Green Party 1.6

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
(Assuming the exit polls are right) Being the largest party after three terms in government is pretty impressive and the results once again demonstrate why being the junior partner in a coalition is never going to be a vote winner. Wise of the SPD to explicitly state that they won't be in a coalition with the CDU this time.

It's now a difficult balancing act for the CDU. They are going to have to be in a coalition with the FDU and I guess the Greens too. That will need an interesting choice of coalition agreements, but should be possible.

The elephant now actually in the room is the AFD. I would guess the plan will be to mirror what happened to the Swedish Democrats and ignore them - and the pretend they don't exist - but in reality the CDU should be looking to get some of their more reasonable and/or protest voters on board by addressing some of their concerns. Whether that will be possible while in a coalition with the Greens will be the difficult part.

Will there ever be a Left/Green/Social Democracy coalition? There might be, but we're still a long way from the early 21st century Green/SPD coalitions in terms of votes/seats.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here