Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ryan Adams

Binney on acid

NSC Patreon
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
The guy's a genius. Anyone on NSC lucky enough to see him on this tour? I returned from holiday too late yesterday to see him at The Royal Albert Hall last night. I suspect that it was the gig of the year.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Such a shame acts like Ryan Adams only play huge venues, and so few gigs in the U.K. during their tours. I much preferred it it in years gone by when great artists did a tour around the uk playing places like the Dome, Portsmouth Guildhall, even The Centre, all places where you don't need a video screen to see the band from half way back.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Such a shame acts like Ryan Adams only play huge venues, and so few gigs in the U.K. during their tours. I much preferred it it in years gone by when great artists did a tour around the uk playing places like the Dome, Portsmouth Guildhall, even The Centre, all places where you don't need a video screen to see the band from half way back.

I saw Ryan Adams on his last tour which included the Dome it was last year I think.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free

He was playing the Boscombe (err.. Bournemouth) o2 Academy on Tuesday night when we were in town. I walked past the place on the way to the game and it was definitely the size of venue which you'd appreciate. I think that was a later addition to the tour after all of the stadia venues had sold out.

Binney on acid

NSC Patreon
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
He was playing the Boscombe (err.. Bournemouth) o2 Academy on Tuesday night when we were in town. I walked past the place on the way to the game and it was definitely the size of venue which you'd appreciate. I think that was a later addition to the tour after all of the stadia venues had sold out.

He's played at The Dome 3 times. I only saw the last one. Unfortunately it took me eons to come to terms with the fact that he's one of the truly great musical talents of our generation.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

And you could decide on the day of the concert if you wanted to go unless it was a massive star. Now you need to book up to a year in advance and watch in a massive amount arena.

Is this the price of the demise of the purchased album/cd

Thread has just reminded me to look him up on Spotify and tag his albums for a listen, which ironically is probably why he doesn't tour small venues. Do miss live gigs, last one was Bellowhead 2 years ago which actually was a smaller venue - TW Assembly Hall.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
He headlined Green Man Festival on the Saturday. It clashed with Oh Sees, and Oh Sees won it. We did catch a bit of it, and he was playing some tunes from Heartbreaker which was stunning, but I'm still glad I saw Oh Sees instead.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here