Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sigur Ros

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Wish I could. A band I'd love to see live - their music delivered something few other bands could, when I first heard them.

tonyt

Feb 23, 2009
Saw Jonsi at The Dome a couple of years back.
Went on spec as had not heard of him / them before.
Was an excellent gig.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Would love to. Saw them live a few years ago and it that's anything to go by it will be immense.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Saw them about a decade ago at Alexandra Palace, good to hear his voice is holding up.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
No, but I did see these lovely boys at the Garage Islington on Thursday. Note the first vid has over 2 million views. WTF???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy2x_kHCy4w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWsZ0jdB3BU

Just had a listen and was immediately struck by a Bauhaus, Cure influence. Looked into them further and discovered they were Turkish and that one of the members, Volkan has a radio station called "Dark Entries" like the Bauhaus song. Also Pete Murphy the lead singer of Bauhaus has lived in Turkey since 1992 so I wonder if there has been any personal collaboration given all the connections.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just had a listen and was immediately struck by a Bauhaus, Cure influence. Looked into them further and discovered they were Turkish and that one of the members, Volkan has a radio station called "Dark Entries" like the Bauhaus song. Also Pete Murphy the lead singer of Bauhaus has lived in Turkey since 1992 so I wonder if there has been any personal collaboration given all the connections.

Good research :thumbsup: The answer is that I don't know. I stumbled across them 6 months ago, via youtube suggestions, and bought both their two CDs. Ditto Lebanon Hanover (the support). Nearly wet myslf when I found the two on the same bill! I note they namecheck a classic German band from the 80s, Grauzone, who coincidentally I love, and saw live in Vancouver in the early 80s. So, given also that Lebanon Hanover are German, and introduced the boys as 'their favourite band' I suspect also a German connection. Anyway.... happy days. :O

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Introduced to their music by someone on here. They now feature prominently on my "night time driving" playlist

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
.......So, given also that Lebanon Hanover are German, and introduced the boys as 'their favourite band' I suspect also a German connection. Anyway.... happy days. :O

Despite their name and your understandable assumptions Lebanon Hanover are not German. The lead singer is from Sunderland and the female member is Swiss. They were formed in Sunderland when the Swiss female member had curiously gone there as her chosen holiday destination of all places. They do however reside between Berlin and Sunderland so there is in fact a German connection after all but not the one you assumed. Incidentally when they were name checking Grauzone it may have been the festival in Amsterdam not the band as they have played there as you can see by the poster
Grauzone-Festival.jpeg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Despite their name and your understandable assumptions Lebanon Hanover are not German. The lead singer is from Sunderland and the female member is Swiss. They were formed in Sunderland when the Swiss female member had curiously gone there as her chosen holiday destination of all places. They do however reside between Berlin and Sunderland so there is in fact a German connection after all but not the one you assumed. Incidentally when they were name checking Grauzone it may have been the festival in Amsterdam not the band as they have played there as you can see by the poster
View attachment 89645

Ha! They asked if there was anyone in from Sunderland, and a surprising (to me) number of people started whooping.

Larissa is rather fetching, I must say :whistle::lolol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPw7nlluRdc

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Good research :thumbsup: The answer is that I don't know. I stumbled across them 6 months ago, via youtube suggestions, and bought both their two CDs. Ditto Lebanon Hanover (the support). Nearly wet myslf when I found the two on the same bill! I note they namecheck a classic German band from the 80s, Grauzone, who coincidentally I love, and saw live in Vancouver in the early 80s. So, given also that Lebanon Hanover are German, and introduced the boys as 'their favourite band' I suspect also a German connection. Anyway.... happy days. :O

I missed this thread.

I only found out a while back about Lebanon Hanover from Youtube, when their tracks automatically played as Youtube suggestions whilst I was logged in. I’d been missing out on a unique combination of European electronic rock/pop with a Cure/JoyD influence.

Love the haunting basslines.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here