Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Me and Mrs Giraffe rarely drink. We are not tea total but we just don't like the next day feeling of being hungover and the waste of time of recovering.

But when you go out with people these days it seems it is very hard not to drink much without being a party pooper. We still have fun. We just don't feel the need to get totally slaughtered. I find it hard to identify with people that drink so much. Are we alone?

And surely if you can't come home and not drink of an evening that makes you an alcoholic?
    I am the total opposite.

I hate the taste of alcohol but I love the feeling of being drunk. I used to drink loads when younger but not so much now because I am plastered drunk on 3 or 4 pints and just can't keep up with friends around me when they drink but I repeat I do like the feeling of being drunk. I do agree that hangovers are not good.

I can be quite humorous when drunk but I also have a tendency to tell people what I think of them when drunk so totally avoid drinking with work colleagues, especially the ones I don' like too much and stick to going out with people I am friends with when partaking of alcohol.

So I agree with you and don't drink too often but being drunk, well I just cant agree on that one. It's a nice feeling

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      As many others on here, I love a drink , but at 70 next year, my capacity is much reduced from my heyday.
      Tend to drink wine and I love a good port, cognac and malt whisky. Used to love drinking pints of ale, but now 2 pints is my limit as it just makes me feel bad, although at the time I enjoy it.
      Hate feeling rough the next day, so I tend towards moderation, without always succeeding, but then I do suffer.

3 Not allowed!
      A couple of cheeky lines ....bingo no hangover the next day 🤔

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
      Pactum serva The Merry Prankster's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by spence View Post
      I hate being around alcoholics. Have no time for them.
      Quote Originally Posted by spence View Post
      For goodness sake get off your high horse. I've been down that road in helping. There's very little you can do to help an alcoholic. Unless THEY really want to give it up(few do) you are wasting your time.
      I hate being around them as well (and I'm a recovering one) but I have endless time for them if , and you've hit the nail on the head, THEY want to. Otherwise you're correct, it's a waste of time.
      Half measures availed us nothing.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Realistically how much is too much ?...21 units is the recommended weekly max intake for men....So ten and a half pints....I have approx 12 pints(24units) and two bottles of wine(16 units) a week with at least two days alchohol free.
      So whilst I am nearly double recommended intake don`t feel I`m anywhere near alchoholic !! am I

0 Not allowed!
      Just image if everyone agreed to go tea total fir a home game and donate usual beer money to charity.

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by studio150 View Post
      Just image if everyone agreed to go tea total fir a home game and donate usual beer money to charity.
      Have you been drinking
      You know I'm right

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Westdene Seagull View Post
      Which shows how much you know, diddly squat. You must have been such a help with so little empathy, sympathy and understanding.
      Maybe he tried everything to help and it didn't work. I don't know, but maybe he has suffered extreme mental stress and anguish because of an alcoholic family member and is perfectly entitled to feel the way he does. You have no idea about his reasons and personal circumstances, so maybe you shouldn't jump to conclusions about whether he was caring or not. So yeah, get off your high horse.

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by studio150 View Post
      Not sure this is going to be the best season to watch us sober.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Merry Prankster View Post
      I hate being around them as well (and I'm a recovering one) but I have endless time for them if , and you've hit the nail on the head, THEY want to. Otherwise you're correct, it's a waste of time.
      Well done on your recovery. I know it's extremely difficult to recover from. Sometimes it's not worth even discussing it on a forum as some take the moral high ground and then throw insults at you.
      I certainly have a lot of experience in this from having partners to finding my landlords body one Sunday morning. Plus many friends and associates . In a lot of cases you are banging your head against the wall.
      "Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself"

Leo Tolstoy