Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Youth football fines

macky

Dec 28, 2004
My son got sent off Sunday I have just been told it's a 3 match ban And £35 fine
He's 12 ffs

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
That's just wrong

macky

Dec 28, 2004
What did he do to get sent off?

I thought a red card in youth football was near on impossible. :shrug:

Well this is it the other team gave the ref The wrong address So our managers 16 year old is a ref
So he reffed it The other team then put pressure on him to send my son off
After he had made his original decision

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I'm pretty sure it's the same for every tier, from the Prem all the way down.
Basically it's an administration fee.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
The two of them were both pushing and shoving My son lifted his hand But never connected
But that's not the point A £35 pound for a 12 year old Is out of line Google says the average pocket money is £6 a week so they have fined him a month and halves money

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The two of them were both pushing and shoving My son lifted his hand But never connected
But that's not the point A £35 pound for a 12 year old Is out of line Google says the average pocket money is £6 a week so they have fined him a month and halves money

So threatening behavior at 12 for a football match ?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

So they should both have been sent off then?

macky

Dec 28, 2004
So threatening behavior at 12 for a football match ?
There were no threats involved two 12 year old boys And like I said the fine is over the top

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Not all managers use a ''fine'' system. If I recall, I think Kevin Keegan never fined any players in clubs he managed

The fine is from the FA, not the club

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Payable to Sussex FA, be very pleased you are contributing to ground improvements at their Sussex HQ Lancing FC.

Junior racked £190 one season in the Sussex County League

macky

Dec 28, 2004
So they should both have been sent off then?
No they should both have been spoken to And maybe taken off When the game started the other team said they had no kit for the ref But once they started to scream for a sending off They found a card and note book like magic

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
No they should both have been spoken to And maybe taken off When the game started the other team said they had no kit for the ref But once they started to scream for a sending off They found a card and note book like magic

What's the gripe here: are you saying he shouldn't have been sent off? Or that they should both have been sent off? Or is it because he seems to have been sent off by somebody connected with the opposition?

The fines are set by the FA. They're supposed to be a deterrent. If his club think he's been hard done by, they can appeal, or pay it for him.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Yep, it's called a deterrant. May seem harsh but if you are going to try and encourage kids to play football then they have to play by the rules. £35 wil include an admin fee.
I have been involved with youth football for thirty years and agree that some of the rules and methods that the Sussex County FA adopt are a bit draconian, but at the end of the day most of the people involved there are volunteers, just like those of us involved with football clubs. There are many things wrong with youth football, especially with the quality of referees, most of whom are unqualified and just mums and dads helping out. If you want a qualified ref then you have to pay for them (even of you can fimd one). This in turn increases the costs of running clubs and puts up player subscriptions. Most issues would be resolved by an increase in volunteers who are prepared to take some form of qualification - sadly too few people want to spend their leisure time volunteering.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here