Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stuart Armstrong

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Work mate based in Glasgow who said he knows someone linked with Celtic told him Armstrong will be Brighton Bound in January. Tenuous link perhaps but that is the third Celtic fan that has said that to me in the last month. Thoughts.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I fear this was a mis-heard conversation in the offices of the Amex, between TB and PB. They were discussing the Loyalty Point debacle, and how to deal with the situation. TB said 'we need strong-arm tactics from Stewards', just as CH walked past with his lunch. He was obviously too transfixed on his cheese & chutney, and got the wrong end of the stick.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Championship standard. He'll end up at somewhere like Derby or Middlesbrough.

If we're talking Celtic players then Moussa Dembele, Scott Sinclair or Tom Rogic would be seriously impressive signings for goals.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Yeah, died when he signed extension, after that I poo poo'd the link earlier this month because I thought he'd signed a whole new contract.

What is the difference between an "extension" and a "whole new contract"?

They are one-and-the-same, aren't they? :shrug:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Only players looking for final big pay day will be heading our way in Jan if we are adrift at bottom.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Many sides are on the trail of Stuart Armstrong and I would be surprised if Brighton were not one of them.

However, if Brighton want to get a march on a player they should nip in quickly and sign Allan Campbell at Motherwell. Watched him last night against Aberdeen and the lad is superb. Only 19 but he won't be at Motherwell this time next year that's for sure

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Many sides are on the trail of Stuart Armstrong and I would be surprised if Brighton were not one of them.

However, if Brighton want to get a march on a player they should nip in quickly and sign Allan Campbell at Motherwell. Watched him last night against Aberdeen and the lad is superb. Only 19 but he won't be at Motherwell this time next year that's for sure

Having watched that game, you'll NOT be suggesting to Chris that we keeps tabs on Joe Lewis...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
LOL - He was awful wasn't he

Over the years I've seen many keepers make many embarrassing gaffes (heaven knows I've made a few of my own). I don't think I've ever seen a keeper make two mistakes as bad as that, in the same match. (and he wasn't great on the third goal, either).

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Over the years I've seen many keepers make many embarrassing gaffes (heaven knows I've made a few of my own). I don't think I've ever seen a keeper make two mistakes as bad as that, in the same match. (and he wasn't great on the third goal, either).

Were you a keeper then?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Extension would be the same money. New contract would be more (or less) money, I would think.

I think you are creating a distinction that doesn't exist. Bruno's new deal, announced by the club in March, was described by the club as "a contract extension", but I fail to believe his salary didn't go up. The same month, Knockaert's new deal was also described by the club as "a new contract extension with the club", but again, the suggestion that his salary didn't increase is not plausible. When Glen Rea signed a new deal in February 2015 it was described as an "extended deal" and also as "an improved and extended contract until 2016."

I think you'll find the phrases "new contract", "contract extension", "extended deal" etc are used interchangeably and have no significance.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here