Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uber to lose license in London today ?

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
It will be thoroughly depressing if arrogant Silicon Valley entrepreneurs continue to be allowed to trample over their employees and cream off billions to sate their own greed.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
1 - my uber account was hacked a fortnight ago, and some scoundrels went on a £62 trip in that there California on my card. The only good thing is that the bank and uber have reimbursed me, so I am £62 up. I am not sure whether I should let the bank know now.
2 - I was given around 500 nappies t'other day, and a mini albion kit, from those at work for Meade Jr, so couldn't cycle home. I was knackered and looked forward to napping in the back of the uber hired. 45 minutes I was in that car, with the driver talking to me almost endlessly. He drove the long way to show me the TFL offices, where he works during the day. Strange. I became a bit disturbed when he told me, as we made our way down Camden Road, - you know what mate, I'm a worrier. I worry worry worry. About the kids, about the sins of society. All sorts. I just can't stop!
Got home, though, for a very reasonable £20.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Uber are decent until established and then you quickly notice that most journey caryr a surcharge up to x4.

Sneaky and no better than the rest.

Handy and convenient at times though

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Uber are decent until established and then you quickly notice that most journey caryr a surcharge up to x4.

Sneaky and no better than the rest.

Handy and convenient at times though

What are you talking about? There are surge prices occasionally and you are notified before the journey which you don't have to take.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It will be thoroughly depressing if arrogant Silicon Valley entrepreneurs continue to be allowed to trample over their employees and cream off billions to sate their own greed.

I've taken hundreds of Ubers over the years in many countries. I don't think I've ever encountered a disgruntled one. No one is forcing them to work and that's the beauty of the company, flexible working practice.

Don't believe everything you read in the press.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
What are you talking about? There are surge prices occasionally and you are notified before the journey which you don't have to take.

Notified but sometimes no choice , sometimes you don't notice after few drinks etc.

My experience isn't occasionally

That's what I'm talking about

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Notified but sometimes no choice , sometimes you don't notice after few drinks etc.

My experience isn't occasionally

That's what I'm talking about

I don't think it's shady practice. You can just get notified when surge pricing has ended. You can't blame Uber for you being drunk !

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I don't think it's shady practice. You can just get notified when surge pricing has ended. You can't blame Uber for you being drunk !

Do you own shares in them or something ?

That doesn't always work when no other choice.

Anyway , that's my experiences . You carry on

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I use Add Lee now. Usually same price or cheaper. Especially with 20% off in September

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
1,000,000,000 times better than local taxis here. You know the price before taking it and surge means you might pay triple but still save on the price or hassle of a regular cab that scams you.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Love Uber, £10 from Portslade to the stadium last game, used them in Paris, great service, as always on NSC the only people who think certain companies are terrible to work for don't actually work there!!!!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Turned down. NY next ?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
That's ****ing shit.

Sometimes uber is the only option late at night and when trying to get transport early in the morning before any trains.

Black cabs are one of the biggest causes of pollution in the city and the drivers are absolute cheating lying scumbag road-hogging c***ts.

Genuinely gutted.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
That's ****ing shit.

Sometimes uber is the only option late at night and when trying to get transport early in the morning before any trains.

Black cabs are one of the biggest causes of pollution in the city and the drivers are absolute cheating lying scumbag road-hogging c***ts.

Genuinely gutted.

Agree 40k drivers in London have now lost a source of income. Incredible really. But hey who's surprised with anything that happens politically these days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here