Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*Sampson RESIGNS*

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So, the FA paid Aluko £40,000 in hush money just before the Euros, and cleared Sampson in 2 subsequent investigations. Now he's had to resign.

Absolutely TEXTBOOK stuff from the FA. You couldn't make it up. Well done everyone, what a complete and utter clusterfvck.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
So, the FA paid Aluko £40,000 in hush money just before the Euros, and cleared Sampson in 2 subsequent investigations. Now he's had to resign.

Two investigations yes, but one of the complainants wasn't interviewed at all - what sort of investigations were those?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Two investigations yes, but one of the complainants wasn't interviewed at all - what sort of investigations were those?

If I was some kind of cynic, I would suggest that they were investigations where it had already been decided that they didn't want to find anything. And unfortunately for the FA, their hush money didn't work either.

Carlsberg don't do shambles, but if they did, the Football Association wrote the BOOK on it.

D

Deleted member 2719

Remember him bombing down the wing at the Goldstone, i had never seen a mans thighs so full and tanned. :drool:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's all pretty shabby, whichever way you look at it and whoever you choose to believe. If I was convinced, and there was evidence, that Sampson had done the things he is accused of I'd be the first kicking him out. But if there is such evidence, I haven't seen it. It's one person's word against another. And that leaves the suspicion that this is in no way clear-cut. The 'hush-money' referred to is something that, while distasteful, happens every day in every walk of working life to settle unpleasant disputes. I'm also not quite sure why Aluko accepted the money and then did what she did anyway. Genuinely, I haven't got a clue who is telling the truth but it is another huge FA mess.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Let's just hope they don't give the job to Mike Newell. Who could forget that rant at the woman linesperson...

'I know that sounds sexist, but I am sexist, so I am not going to be anything other than that...if you start bringing in women, you have big problems. It is tokenism, for the politically correct idiots.'

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
You could tell last night, that he had lost the dressing room. :facepalm:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It's all pretty shabby, whichever way you look at it and whoever you choose to believe. If I was convinced, and there was evidence, that Sampson had done the things he is accused of I'd be the first kicking him out. But if there is such evidence, I haven't seen it. It's one person's word against another. And that leaves the suspicion that this is in no way clear-cut. The 'hush-money' referred to is something that, while distasteful, happens every day in every walk of working life to settle unpleasant disputes. I'm also not quite sure why Aluko accepted the money and then did what she did anyway. Genuinely, I haven't got a clue who is telling the truth but it is another huge FA mess.

It may well be one person's word against another, but not investigating the allegations professionally and properly leaves the FA with a lot to answer for.

Now the Commons Select Committee has got involved and called them in to explain their conduct, you can see them reaching for the diazepam.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Russia were so bad from what I saw of the match last night that Mark Sampson leaving is hardly a shock. The ebola comment was stupid but there's more to it obviously. Fair play to the girls for just getting on with winning the match.

Total shambles though.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
It's embarrassing. Regrettable even. It started out as he said/she said but then deteriorated beyond belief.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here