Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feels like a big game coming up on Sunday

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
After the euphoria of West Brom we have had 2 dour losses. Mood seems quite downbeat.

We desperately need to continue our home form from last year. I really hope we give it a good go and try and control the game on Sunday.

Another win and we are on 7 points after 6 games, knowing that we only need 1 point from next 2 games to keep up average of a point a game.

Lose and it's 4 points from 6 with arsenal and Everton to come which sounds very daunting. We could be marooned with palace real quick

Important game to pick up points.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If we wish to remain in the Premier League we need to beat teams at home like Newcastle

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Very much so.

To not take at least a point away from Bournemouth is disappointing having had the lead.

Despite their decent start, Newcastle are very much likely to be in the same mini-league as us, and it's these games at home where three points are absolutely vital.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Dour losses? We played very well for 60 mins at B'mouth & deserved a point according to many. We then lost a reserve team cup match in extra time which in itself was an achievement. I agree Sunday is a big game as with all the home games now. Just no need for the negative start to the thread IMO buddy :thumbsup:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
feels a very pivotal game.

Win and think we may have a chance with home record being strong.

Lose and will confirm that we are in all probability likely to do a Boro

Obviously not as black and white but pivotal IMHO

Fortune favours the brave Mr Hughton

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Dour losses? We played very well for 60 mins at B'mouth & deserved a point according to many. We then lost a reserve team cup match in extra time which in itself was an achievement. I agree Sunday is a big game as with all the home games now. Just no need for the negative start to the thread IMO buddy [emoji106]
We were solid - yes. But commmmme on it was so dour.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It's a big game as after that we have two games where we are (on paper) unlikely to pick up many points with Arsenal then Everton. Everton have had a ropey start but let's be honest, none of us really expect them to finish anywhere near the bottom three come May. After Newcastle it may be nearly a month until a chance for more points (West Ham then Southampton), so we need something to cling on to until then.

Besides laughing at Palace on 0 points after 8 games, obviously.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We were solid - yes. But commmmme on it was so dour.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

As a spectacle, neutrally I feel it was probably dour - we've def become more cautious and boring. But our shape is excellent. I kind of feel it's the way to survive in the prem though. I also shudder at the thought Sky thought us vs Stoke would be a good monday night game!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I'm sure we will defend for our lives sitting deeper and deeper making 0 substitutions to change the game and eventually lose, but hey at least there will be positives to take away. :shrug:

It's a home game.......So like last season we will probably go 1 up then defend for our lives sitting deeper and deeper making 0 substitutions to change the game and eventually lose, but hey at least there will be positives to take away. :shrug:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
It's a home game.......So like last season we will probably go 1 up then defend for our lives sitting deeper and deeper making 0 substitutions to change the game and eventually lose, but hey at least there will be positives to take away. :shrug:

Ah yes I forgot how shockingly poor our home form was last season.

???

swd40

Mar 22, 2006

Was last season, the season we got promoted?
Asking for a friend.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

open-uri20150422-20810-11ej849_779819a7.jpeg

You used to come across as such a positive spirit, Dwayne.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
feels a very pivotal game.

Win and think we may have a chance with home record being strong.

Lose and will confirm that we are in all probability likely to do a Boro

Obviously not as black and white but pivotal IMHO

Fortune favours the brave Mr Hughton

exactly this...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here