Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How many Premier League record signings can you name?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This has only emphasised my Premier League rubbish-ness.

I got 7/20. In fact the timer is still going, but for most of the clubs I can't even guess at any names!

Link >>> https://www.footballwhispers.com/bl...medium=affiliates&utm_source=north-stand-chat

Who, other than [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION], can do worse than me?

(You only need to type a surname - if you type one that's correct, it autofills it alongside the club in question)

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I only got 7. Harder than I first thought.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You still have a lot to learn about me. 3.

That truly is dreadful. Even I got:

Us
Burnley
Palace
Both Manchester clubs
Watford
And, amazingly, Arsenal - although it took me about 15 attempts to get the spelling right.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
16. I failed with Southampton, West Brom, West Ham and Swansea.

I got all the others within 2 minutes, it was just club by club. But those 4 got me which is funny because all 4 were signed this summer.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

I don't believe some of the scores people are claiming.

Who the hell is Naby Keita?

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
14 here. Annoyed I didn't get Bournemouth and West Ham. I also missed Newcastle, Stoke, Swansea and Spurs.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

I don't believe some of the scores people are claiming.

Who the hell is Naby Keita?

He currently plays for RB Leipzig in Germany, Liverpool have paid a club record fee for him but he'll join next summer. He's also been handed the number 8 shirt, so he'll be the first Liverpool player to wear number 8 since Gerrard left.

Pressure.

To be honest, almost all of the records have been broken in the last two years. Anyone who regularly watches the Premier League will know of most of them. Stoke's is easy to forget and not knowing about West Ham or West Brom is fair. Swansea's record signing is a bit of a joke, good player but hardly box office. We should all know Bournemouth's...

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
He currently plays for RB Leipzig in Germany, Liverpool have paid a club record fee for him but he'll join next summer. He's also been handed the number 8 shirt, so he'll be the first Liverpool player to wear number 8 since Gerrard left.

Pressure.

To be honest, almost all of the records have been broken in the last two years. Anyone who regularly watches the Premier League will know of most of them. Stoke's is easy to forget and not knowing about West Ham or West Brom is fair. Swansea's record signing is a bit of a joke, good player but hardly box office. We should all know Bournemouth's...

I think some people spend too much time reading about football...

(...says a guy on NSC far too often. I better get back to work.)

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I think some people spend too much time reading about football...

(...says a guy on NSC far too often. I better get back to work.)

It's a hobby we all share. Just that some of us spend more time actively pursuing it. I watch the German football, by chance I saw Hünemeier play for Padeborn against Gladbach the year before he signed for us, I went to see the game in Gladbach and stayed in Dusseldorf over the weekend.

I wonder how many people are assuming that Shearer is still Newcastle's record signing?!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
17/20

Missed Swansea and West Ham. Remembered Southampton's but couldn't get it in time.

SAC

May 21, 2014
4/20, would have been 5 if I could have spelt the name of the bloke who went from Swansea to Everton for stupid money correctly.

I've never even heard of half of them.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here