Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What would you do with £123m

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I think the friend issue is a real problem with this amount. With that amount there might be an expectation that you could give a friend £500,000 or even a million and barely notice it. Then where do you draw the line as to which friends and how much?.

I'd lie about the amount I'd won. I'd say I'd won the National Lottery Rollover at £7m, then dole out £3.5m to friends and family (which would genuinely change their lives). I'd then justify all my purchases by saying the house(s) are mortgaged, the fancy cars are on finance, and the holidays are all cut-price, and my few million in the bank has been put with a company providing some incredible returns.

That way, all the animosity and jealousy is gone. You have been seen to give away a very generous half of your winnings so no twunt can get eggy - and you can live a life of luxury. When you die and they see the other £160m in your will.... you're dead anyway, so who gives a shit. :rock:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
In no particular order:

Buy my Dad a pub
Buy my entire family houses and set them up for life
Setup a business with my mates (we're all in tech and it'd be great to be our own bosses)
Make sure my mate in New Zealand had enough money to come back and visit his family whenever he wanted to

Then the selfish stuff like travelling and living it up. I'd also like to own a recording studio.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You do think that when it’s rolled over a ridiculous 18 times and is now such a stupidly huge pot, that it would be better to cascade it down the winning levels.

Say you and those other 19,000 players had got £830 not £8.30 each (and people matching 5 and 6 balls more too), then a LOT of people would be very happy today, and a lot of lives a bit better. Which surely is the point (after the ‘charity’ bit I guess).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me winning £830 would certainly be better for the overall economy.

I've been at work since finding out about by £8.30 but had it been £830 I'm fairly certain I'd have spent it all by now!!!

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I would much rather they made 123 people millionaires. How much better would that be?

I'm with you comrade. Surely more people would be much more likely to buy a ticket if that was the case - I know the odds are almost as astronomic - and I think I remember they looked into this in its early days, but the 'public didn't want it', or something: ie. 'the headlines for us are are better if we stay as we are.'

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Buy a holiday home in the Austrian Alps.

Giving huge sums to wildlife, animal welfare and protected ecosystem charities.

Gift a sum to a brother so that he can retire.

Have fabulous holidays, including skiing several weeks each winter and getting to see various parts of Canada/USA.

Probably moving home to give us more space and a larger garden to create a wildlife haven.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I'd lie about the amount I'd won. I'd say I'd won the National Lottery Rollover at £7m, then dole out £3.5m to friends and family (which would genuinely change their lives). I'd then justify all my purchases by saying the house(s) are mortgaged, the fancy cars are on finance, and the holidays are all cut-price, and my few million in the bank has been put with a company providing some incredible returns.

That way, all the animosity and jealousy is gone. You have been seen to give away a very generous half of your winnings so no twunt can get eggy - and you can live a life of luxury. When you die and they see the other £160m in your will.... you're dead anyway, so who gives a shit. :rock:

Is the right answer. Actually think that between £5 and £10 million is a nice amount to win.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Ah ...didn’t realise this was about winning the lottery. I thought it was another thread about the latest Crystal Palace spending strategy.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Someone from the UK is £170,000,000, and change, better off today.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I would tuck enough away to make sure my immediate family and I were catered for, then spend the rest of my time playing music and doing building repairs for genuine hard luck cases who really can't afford it, or who are too impaired to afford them or get them done.
I would like to also do something to help the homeless kids here, it is heartbreaking seeing them in such a predicament.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Someone from the UK is £170,000,000, and change, better off today.

I got the email this morning 'Good news about your ticket'. Was it £170m? Nope it was a good old £8.30

Goliath

Oct 7, 2019
They should fix it that instead of one person winning 170m,for example 85 people should have the chance to win 2m.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here