Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What would you do with £123m

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
So probably give a bit to Family and Friends for them to treat themselves and have a few more holidays, but that wouldn't take much money so set up a charity and spend all our time looking after the investments and making donations where we thought it was needed. That would keep us busy and out of trouble and be a proper good job :thumbsup:

This. I’d pay off my sisters’ mortgages and give them and my parents a tidy lump sum to play with.

I’d also play enough golf to be disappointed if my score started with an 8 or higher

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Euromillions jackpot tonight.

I realise "basically anything" is the answer, but what would you actually do? A bit of charity work? non-stop travelling? Build your dream home?

I'd be genuinely concerned for my welfare with that sort of money, as well as finding out who your true friends are...

Do what the Weirs in Scotland did when they won £138m. Set up a philanthropic foundation. Then spend your time visiting and giving money to worthy causes (while of course still ensuring you and your family and friends have a comfortable lifestyle). This means you would in effect have 'a job', which would probably prevent you from going mad. It would also make you feel a lot less guilty about having all that dosh if you were, say, helping homeless people get off the street.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
How much would a monorail be?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Do what the Weirs in Scotland did when they won £138m. Set up a philanthropic foundation. Then spend your time visiting and giving money to worthy causes (while of course still ensuring you and your family and friends have a comfortable lifestyle). This means you would in effect have 'a job', which would probably prevent you from going mad. It would also make you feel a lot less guilty about having all that dosh if you were, say, helping homeless people get off the street.

Yes, we have often discussed this at home and would do something similar. Sadly, I can see the situation being fraught with problems, as some folk try and take advantage - it is human nature afterall. Perhaps it would be better to stay anonymous, if at all possible. I dream about giving something to the Albion as well - not buying a player, as that would be only very temporary, but am not sure what would have lasting value for the people of Sussex. Free beer for one match, or pay the travel subsidy, but I could see that this would only lead to complaints that those not affected and those who drink coke would be left out. A ground extension might be of use, but not sure if that is possible.
Anyway, it is Bournemouth away and the dream suddenly comes to an end . .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Happy New Year to the Brit who won £115,00,000 last night.

Get another win like that and they might be able to afford the...

...mascot package.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'd buy some land and build my dream home, whilst that was being built I'd go on a world tour. That would still leave me with more than £100m which I'd invest, I'd love to invest it into a football club but not sure if TB would want anyone else involved in BHAFC and could I put that much money into another club!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'd buy some land and build my dream home, whilst that was being built I'd go on a world tour. That would still leave me with more than £100m which I'd invest, I'd love to invest it into a football club but not sure if TB would want anyone else involved in BHAFC and could I put that much money into another club!

For a minority interest he’d let you invest the money to expand the stadium.

Subject to transport plan moaners blocking it.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
My kids would probably moan their share wasn't enough....:lolol:

You may jest but with that sort of cash you do open all sorts of issues. With wise investment you will never spend in your lifetime therefore you will have all the will issues and possible disputes to sort out. With that amount of cash all your 'friends' will be waiting for a handout. On this last issue almost better to have win later in life when you have established your core set of genuine friends as opposed you might suddenly acquire if you were younger. And of course better to be in stable relationship where you know they love you rich or poor.

Of course if you are 25 you can indulge in an orgy of wine & women.....................and waste the rest! :)

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
You may jest but with that sort of cash you do open all sorts of issues. With wise investment you will never spend in your lifetime therefore you will have all the will issues and possible disputes to sort out. With that amount of cash all your 'friends' will be waiting for a handout. On this last issue almost better to have win later in life when you have established your core set of genuine friends as opposed you might suddenly acquire if you were younger. And of course better to be in stable relationship where you know they love you rich or poor.

Of course if you are 25 you can indulge in an orgy of wine & women.....................and waste the rest! :)

I'm over twice that! Can I do it anyway? :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I won last nights £167m Euromillions lottery...

...which is nice.

In matching 4 of the 7 possible number I (along with 19,000 other Brits) scooped a whooping £8.30.

Gotta love a tax in the poor and stupid.

Still - in it to win win it!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
In matching 4 of the 7 possible number I (along with 19,000 other Brits) scooped a whooping £8.30.

You do think that when it’s rolled over a ridiculous 18 times and is now such a stupidly huge pot, that it would be better to cascade it down the winning levels.

Say you and those other 19,000 players had got £830 not £8.30 each (and people matching 5 and 6 balls more too), then a LOT of people would be very happy today, and a lot of lives a bit better. Which surely is the point (after the ‘charity’ bit I guess).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

I realise "basically anything" is the answer, but what would you actually do? A bit of charity work? non-stop travelling? Build your dream home?

I'd be genuinely concerned for my welfare with that sort of money, as well as finding out who your true friends are...

I think the friend issue is a real problem with this amount. With that amount there might be an expectation that you could give a friend £500,000 or even a million and barely notice it. Then where do you draw the line as to which friends and how much?

Essentially perhaps better to win when perhaps middle aged and settled down with family. Sure you might have a whale of a time he you win in your 20's but you might never know the women or friends who are really just after the cash.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes

This,

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I don't know. It would feel like when the Trotters became millionaires in Only Fools And Horses and it all became rather sad, like not being able to put their flat on the market because of all the memories. Even though I've moved a few times, I guess it's not all it's cracked up to be. Probably travelling around America would be an option.

It's been years since I bought a lottery ticket anyway.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I would make sure my close family are sorted for life. Give loads to animal charities. Enjoy life and leave anything left to charities.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here