Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 152223242526 LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    I would make sure my close family are sorted for life. Give loads to animal charities. Enjoy life and leave anything left to charities.
    Swillis 15/09/2018
    "Zaha is a good player buts he's no Anthony Knockaert, christ he isn't even as good as Will Buckley".

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Mon nez est en SW6... Knocky's Nose's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by METALMICKY View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I think the friend issue is a real problem with this amount. With that amount there might be an expectation that you could give a friend £500,000 or even a million and barely notice it. Then where do you draw the line as to which friends and how much?.
      I'd lie about the amount I'd won. I'd say I'd won the National Lottery Rollover at £7m, then dole out £3.5m to friends and family (which would genuinely change their lives). I'd then justify all my purchases by saying the house(s) are mortgaged, the fancy cars are on finance, and the holidays are all cut-price, and my few million in the bank has been put with a company providing some incredible returns.

That way, all the animosity and jealousy is gone. You have been seen to give away a very generous half of your winnings so no twunt can get eggy - and you can live a life of luxury. When you die and they see the other £160m in your will.... you're dead anyway, so who gives a shit.
      Ce Qui Donne?

0 Not allowed!
      In no particular order:

Buy my Dad a pub
      Buy my entire family houses and set them up for life
      Setup a business with my mates (we're all in tech and it'd be great to be our own bosses)
      Make sure my mate in New Zealand had enough money to come back and visit his family whenever he wanted to

Then the selfish stuff like travelling and living it up. I'd also like to own a recording studio.
      'Football implies the desire to suffer' - Theodor Adorno
      Football V Homophobia | Football v Homophobia in association with Pride Sports

1 Not allowed!
      Alcohol, women and weed. Will probably fritter away the rest.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bhafc99 View Post
      You do think that when it’s rolled over a ridiculous 18 times and is now such a stupidly huge pot, that it would be better to cascade it down the winning levels.

Say you and those other 19,000 players had got £830 not £8.30 each (and people matching 5 and 6 balls more too), then a LOT of people would be very happy today, and a lot of lives a bit better. Which surely is the point (after the ‘charity’ bit I guess).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Me winning £830 would certainly be better for the overall economy.

I've been at work since finding out about by £8.30 but had it been £830 I'm fairly certain I'd have spent it all by now!!!
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
      I would much rather they made 123 people millionaires. How much better would that be?
      I'm with you comrade. Surely more people would be much more likely to buy a ticket if that was the case - I know the odds are almost as astronomic - and I think I remember they looked into this in its early days, but the 'public didn't want it', or something: ie. 'the headlines for us are are better if we stay as we are.'
      Squat Cobbler

0 Not allowed!
      Buy a holiday home in the Austrian Alps.

Giving huge sums to wildlife, animal welfare and protected ecosystem charities.

Gift a sum to a brother so that he can retire.

Have fabulous holidays, including skiing several weeks each winter and getting to see various parts of Canada/USA.

Probably moving home to give us more space and a larger garden to create a wildlife haven.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Knocky's Nose View Post
      I'd lie about the amount I'd won. I'd say I'd won the National Lottery Rollover at £7m, then dole out £3.5m to friends and family (which would genuinely change their lives). I'd then justify all my purchases by saying the house(s) are mortgaged, the fancy cars are on finance, and the holidays are all cut-price, and my few million in the bank has been put with a company providing some incredible returns.

That way, all the animosity and jealousy is gone. You have been seen to give away a very generous half of your winnings so no twunt can get eggy - and you can live a life of luxury. When you die and they see the other £160m in your will.... you're dead anyway, so who gives a shit.
      Is the right answer. Actually think that between £5 and £10 million is a nice amount to win.

0 Not allowed!
      Ah ...didn’t realise this was about winning the lottery. I thought it was another thread about the latest Crystal Palace spending strategy.

0 Not allowed!
      Someone from the UK is £170,000,000, and change, better off today.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.