Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why so difficult to buy tickets?

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patreon
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
So suddenly my 5 family members,all with fan numbers, are together this weekend. Great idea to see Albion v Newcastle. Dad, who Is a STH. Is asked to see if there is any chance of getting 5 seats together. No chance says I, but there in East Stand are 5 together. So, online I try to grab the seats. Ticket site will not accept my Friends and family numbers. So, go onto the phone. All details entered by agent but she says as you are an Sth the system does not allow you to buy tickets for others. You will have to ring tomorrow on option 6.

My family have said give up. That,s over £150 I could have spent. I'm sure the seats will sell but why oh why.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
People that work in offices are often inept.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I thought we all knew by now...?! 'Computer says noooo' (attendant walks away conveying CGAS attitude and continues to file nails)

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
People that work in offices are often inept.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

But at least they don't get angry at somebody who committed suicide when they were drunk, then called the entire forum a bunch of idiots and then came back to said forum of idiots like nothing had happened afterwards.

So I guess we all have our flaws.

:shrug:

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
So suddenly my 5 family members,all with fan numbers, are together this weekend. Great idea to see Albion v Newcastle. Dad, who Is a STH. Is asked to see if there is any chance of getting 5 seats together. No chance says I, but there in East Stand are 5 together. So, online I try to grab the seats. Ticket site will not accept my Friends and family numbers. So, go onto the phone. All details entered by agent but she says as you are an Sth the system does not allow you to buy tickets for others. You will have to ring tomorrow on option 6.

My family have said give up. That,s over £150 I could have spent. I'm sure the seats will sell but why oh why.

Don't give up phone Option 6. That means you talk to someone AT the club, not someone in a call centre nothing to do with Albion or its fans.
By the way, have you registered your F & F names to your account first?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thanks. Yes F & F all registered.

What do you mean when you say "Ticket site will not accept my Friends and family numbers" because if they're already registered, you won't need to enter any numbers.

You will need to select F&F as you assign each seat, as I've just done in the below, which seems to have worked fine for me...

Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 07.57.05.png

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
If you phone up and buy a ticket each for the 5 additional tickets you will be able to move your ST seat to sit next to them if you wish. I have done this loads of times when sitting in the family section with my mum and daughter (I usually sit in WSU)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
All details entered by agent but she says as you are an Sth the system does not allow you to buy tickets for others.

The tickets are on general sale to those with an Amex purchase history. In my dummy transaction above, I assigned each ticket to a F&F member who currently does not have a ticket for the game. As soon as I allocated the 5th ticket, I was able to progress. (I'm a STH)

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patreon
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Ok the problem was that 2 of my F & Fs did not have a ticket history. I had put them on my list in expectation they would one day be able to go to a match.

Anyway went to the Amex where a very helpful lady sorted everything out for me.

Thanks for all the advice.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here