Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paedophile Hunters

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
What's people's views on people trapping these vermin?
Listening on BBC radio 1 about how the police hate them but are reluctantly using evidence gathered by them to put these people away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I don't know why but it makes me a little bit uncomfortable.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I'm watching the 6pm news on BBC right now, with an item on this. I'm not getting the impression the police hate them. They have called them vigilantes, but half of the paedophiles caught have been through them.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'm watching the 6pm news on BBC right now, with an item on this. I'm not getting the impression the police hate them. They have called them vigilantes, but half of the paedophiles caught have been through them.

They've used them more than they used to. A few years ago they tried to ban them I think.
But now they're beginning to use them more and more.
IMHO, if they get them off the street. Keep using them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I think the issue is the uploading of videos on the internet straight away - publicly naming them without the level of support and protection for their families (and to an extent them themselves, even though obviously they've got only themselves to blame and deserve no sympathy) that the police would provide following being arrested and named in the media through proper channels.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
IMO it's no different to using information supplied to Crimestoppers or a paid informant so don't see much of an issue with it just as long as the hunters allow the legal system to judge and punish.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I'm ok with it, providing its done lawfully. Part of the deterrent is the fact that these perverts know that there are vigilantes fishing them out.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I'm completely on-side with them, but I wish there would be a clearer distinction between perverts who chat up and arrange to meet 14/15-year olds...and the sickos like Ian Watkins who prey on the even younger children.

One of them needs to be dealt with harshly, the other group needs to be tortured and killed very painfully. I don't regret saying that.

Last edited:

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I'm completely on-side with them, but I wish there would be a clearer distinction between perverts who chat up and arrange to meet 14/15-year olds...and the sickos like Ian Watson who prey on the even younger children.

One of them needs to be dealt with harshly, the other group needs to be tortured and killed very painfully. I don't regret saying that.

I think you mean Ian Watkins......

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I don't think it's necessarily a case of sniffiness on the part of the police. More that, prosecutions can be jeopardised if things aren't done in very particular ways, and it's rarely as easy to get these things through the court system as the public tend to think. If these guys are legal experts who know what's required, then fine, but it's vital to avoid accusations of entrapment and so on, which can easily get cases dismissed.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
IMO it's no different to using information supplied to Crimestoppers or a paid informant so don't see much of an issue with it just as long as the hunters allow the legal system to judge and punish.

Agree but with the caveat from Edna below. If they are doing it and handing over evidence to the Police to get the scum off the streets then all well and good but as someone else alluded to, some do it and post the stuff online before any prosecution has a chance.

I don't think it's necessarily a case of sniffiness on the part of the police. More that, prosecutions can be jeopardised if things aren't done in very particular ways, and it's rarely as easy to get these things through the court system as the public tend to think. If these guys are legal experts who know what's required, then fine, but it's vital to avoid accusations of entrapment and so on, which can easily get cases dismissed.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
With paedophiles it's often people they are close to, so I think the vigilante approach works well.
Plus you often find they have friends or family who stand up for them (or are in denial), so having other people who are prepared to see what is happening and give support can really help.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
I find the mentally of someone who wants to pretend to be a child to trap a paedo somewhat warped.

I agree, but I was also advised by a solicitor once to get 'evidence' of abuse happening, which would have meant putting the child in danger just to have the evidence. Better to have someone who is not a child go through that, than the actual child.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here