Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

that alexa thing

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am toying with the idea of getting it for my birthday

I see it plays spotify etc....can you get it to play Apple Music from your iphone/ipad? I see you control it via an App, so I wonder if it can also see and play AM.

Any ideas sages of the technology world?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There's quite a big thread on Alexa somewhere on here. I dunno if it plays Apple Music though - Apple isn't normally compatible with anything except Apple, so I'd be surprised if it could.

Its a FABULOUS bit of kit though, and as Carrot says, its currently £99.99 (instead of £149.99). Same price as the Google Room, which I gather is also very good indeed. The tech reviews I've seen says there's not much between them. Loving mine though, the little SLUT.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I am toying with the idea of getting it for my birthday

I see it plays spotify etc....can you get it to play Apple Music from your iphone/ipad? I see you control it via an App, so I wonder if it can also see and play AM.

Any ideas sages of the technology world?
you can get football scores and if you swear at her she tells you off .

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
We've had a few futurology sessions at Virgin recently with world leaders in change and innovation speaking and Ive heard several now say they would never let these things in their house due to the potential for hacking and abuse down the line!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So as I only have Apple Music, it's not really worth it?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
We've had a few futurology sessions at Virgin recently with world leaders in change and innovation speaking and Ive heard several now say they would never let these things in their house due to the potential for hacking and abuse down the line!!

I certainly wouldn't have one. They're like something out of Dr Who. Harvesting all that data under the guise of being a friendly assistant. Gives me the creeps.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
My friend and his family basically have their whole house set up to the Amazon Echo. If you connect it to your lights you can change the hue and dim them by saying "Alexa, set the lights to 30%/set the lights to blue".

I've not been won over by them yet; it just reeks of a huge gimmick.

I tried to ask it how old Kevin Spacey is. She could not tell me.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
My friend and his family basically have their whole house set up to the Amazon Echo. If you connect it to your lights you can change the hue and dim them by saying "Alexa, set the lights to 30%/set the lights to blue".

I've not been won over by them yet; it just reeks of a huge gimmick.

I tried to ask it how old Kevin Spacey is. She could not tell me.

Maybe she Didn't want to spoil the surprise?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I got mine when they were 50% off and at that price feel it was well worth it. I am using amazon music at present probably not the best but suits me. £100 probably ok but I would not pay full price for it..

woody12a

Nov 9, 2006
Yes, you can, just tell Alexa to link to your mobile device and away you go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here