Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth away tomorrow

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Just interested to find out how many are actually going and how many just bought the tickets for the loyalty points ??
By rights the away end should be packed out tomorrow night but I very much doubt it.
Anyone on here going to own up to buying for loyalty points only ?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Didnt need the points so didnt take a ticket, west ham was then bumped up, so I again needed the points and got a last minute ticket, will be attending with 4 others.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Will be a good test to see if the club need to de-couple tickets and loyalty points.

If so they could sell loyalty point bundles directly, and save available tickets for those that want to go to the game.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Will be a good test to see if the club need to de-couple tickets and loyalty points.

If so they could sell loyalty point bundles directly, and save available tickets for those that want to go to the game.

But wouldn't they then be money points rather than loyalty points. There is no loyalty in just buying points, the loyalty comes from attending games.

I will be there and rather strangely I'm in virtually the same seat, just 3 along from where I was on Friday

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was happy to watch Friday night's game in the pub with mates before going for a curry.

Tomorrow night I'm going to the game. The points are handy, of course, but I have a reasonable buffer over the tier 1 threshold, so they're not essential.

I'm looking forward to it, particularly seeing what Jose can do when given a proper run out.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Me and 3 going... slight reluctance after Friday's driving/parking was so crappy... but hey ho!

I thought the trip out on the coach was actually better than the last two times as we were sent out to the main road rather than through town. Still took ages though. Can't imagine the home gate will be very big.

And people still moan about the Amex transport links :facepalm:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
But wouldn't they then be money points rather than loyalty points. There is no loyalty in just buying points, the loyalty comes from attending games.

I will be there and rather strangely I'm in virtually the same seat, just 3 along from where I was on Friday
Well exactly, but if significant loyalty harvesting is going on, then they already are 'money points'. Why not just make it official ?

Bournemouth provides a great test as it is sold out - maybe virtually all will show up and there isn't any problem.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Loyalty points is just a joke this season. Judging by the posts above, it would have made far more sense to offer no loyalty points for this game. Many people are going primarily because they wanted the points and wouldn't have gone otherwise, thus depriving lots of us who want to go but now can't, and don't care about the points.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Even better idea - have a 'no loyalty point award' ticket sale window first.

So the first sales go to those that genuinely want to go to the game, rather than those that ust mine the points with no intention of going.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Loyalty points is just a joke this season. Judging by the posts above, it would have made far more sense to offer no loyalty points for this game. Many people are going primarily because they wanted the points and wouldn't have gone otherwise, thus depriving lots of us who want to go but now can't, and don't care about the points.

Rubbish. We had a good contingent at Oxford last season. The only moaning is coming from people who don't have enough points but there's a good reason for that!!!!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I guess that's a wind up!
Actually it is slightly tongue in cheek as on a universal scale it is hardly worth worrying about.

However, there is a point in there somewhere that there are some people who buy tickets for the loyalty AND HAVE NO INTENTION OF SHOWING UP, meaning that some FANS WHO WANT TO GO miss this game.

(And I do reckon Barber needs to sort this out).

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
win this and into the last 8 and 2 games from Wembley.

Crappy cup but I'd love it if we could get to Wembley for a cup final.

Would need fair bit of luck but I actually hope we take this game seriously

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
win this and into the last 8 and 2 games from Wembley.

Crappy cup but I'd love it if we could get to Wembley for a cup final.

Would need fair bit of luck but I actually hope we take this game seriously

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Actually it is slightly tongue in cheek as on a universal scale it is hardly worth worrying about.

However, there is a point in there somewhere that there are some people who buy tickets for the loyalty AND HAVE NO INTENTION OF SHOWING UP, meaning that some FANS WHO WANT TO GO miss this game.

(And I do reckon Barber needs to sort this out).

How can you sort it out? Those people with loyalty points have accrued them because over the years they have been STHs and have attended games at away grounds. Those that don't have points don't because they haven't been to enough away games in the past when we were in the Championship.

How does someone prove they want to go to an away game rather than just doing if for the points. Take away the loyalty point scheme then how do you reward those of us that have traveled a lot in the past over those that just want a crack at the glamour ties?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here