Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interesting article on Everton's isolated forwards, maybe some similarities with us

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Everton: Ronald Koeman needs to change team or style - Danny Murphy analysis

I know they have had a very tough start to the season but at the moment Everton look toothless and carry very little threat going forward.

They need to find a way of causing teams more problems because it is too easy to play against them, and that is going to be the same whether they are playing the top sides or anyone else.

Watching Ronald Koeman's team in their 4-0 defeat against Manchester United on Sunday, I thought right from the start that they were too deep and on the back foot.

It looked like they were trying to stay in the game rather than trying to win it.

More >>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41301955

Last edited by a moderator:

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
They've played 4 of the top teams, 3 of them away, in their first 5 games so of course there will be a lack of threat going forward due to being on the defensive.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
They've played 4 of the top teams, 3 of them away, in their first 5 games so of course there will be a lack of threat going forward due to being on the defensive.

Yes but unlike us they we meant to be a top 6 team , with the amount of money they have spent on players coming to the club

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Also, yesterday, for a large period they were on top and did create the better chances, and should have equalised. I thought they had the best of the last 25mins of the first half, and dominated the half hour after HT. It was at OT, who are full of confidence and riding high, but they showed a lot of character from having been swamped for the first 15mins. Thought 4-0 was completely at odds with what happened in the match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here