Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mike Holland

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Well I hope he had a fair hearing and the sentence was appropriate. Some may think it fair and appropriate, others may not.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Wasn't there a thread on this very subject yesterday, but with an opening comment about the possibility of an appeal.

Maybe before someone (again) goes too far, this thread is removed like the previous one, or is this a test of self restraint.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
He has received a 9 month jail sentence for manslaughter

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-41283631

Please don't post anything libelous.

I'm guessing that it was Tim's thread that was moved because of what it descended into. What are the chances of history repeating itself.

FWIW, I don't know the guy so can't make comments about his character but from the report that they were warned about the issues well in advance of the fatality would suggest he has got off lightly!

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I think he got off relatively lightly. I was expecting about two years and by some accounts so was Holland's co-defendent Grant Oakes. I think Holland would be foolish to appeal. Doing so runs the risk of his sentence being increased. If I was him I'd just keep my head down and do the time. His troubles aren't over anyway as I believe the victim's family are bringing a civil case against Holland. Any appeal made by Holland now could be interpreted as a lack of remorse. That in turn could affect the verdict or judgement in the civil proceedings and any damages awarded could be higher as a result.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here