Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky Adams, my worst hour.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Not sure it was the incident that ruined his opportunities at top clubs though.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Are we going to have a Roar special live show at the Komedia and book signing ?

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
That may well be his worse hour in football. His worse 90 minutes in football was playing Adam Virgo right wing.

TBF - the sight of Zamora, Steele and Brooker on form was a joy to behold and a time I remember with great fondness.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Not sure it was the incident that ruined his opportunities at top clubs though.
No, I think it was due to the players who he relied on - Carpenter, Oatway, Cullip, Watson and Brooker, only being good enough for a mid-table Championship side.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Great manager first time round. Unfortunetely for him football changed and he just didnt change with it.

16 years ago he was one of the most sought after managers outside of the top flight...now he's managing Harborough Town under 18's.

Football doesnt care for reputations. It will chew you up and spit you out.

I take not one ounce of pleasure seeing how Micky's career ultimately ended up.

Gustavo Dominguez Poyet however......well thats an entirely different matter altogether.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
No, I think it was due to the players who he relied on - Carpenter, Oatway, Cullip, Watson and Brooker, only being good enough for a mid-table Championship side.

Which, by the way, is saying something because we signed them all as a fourth tier club. Plus adding in Michel Kuipers who was Championship class all day long, once he'd emerged.

Except Carpenter who joined the team for Division 2 winning season in 01/02. What a team he put together. All Peter Taylor had to do was add Junior Lewis and we were away!

I think Micky might be a classic case of putting together a good team and riding the wave. His good Brentford team was basically the core of his good Brighton team. He was always able to organise a team and his disciplined football was successful to an extent pretty much everywhere he went. He did very well with Port Vale after his nightmare second spell with us, and I wouldn't blame him for the Tranmere catastrophe. That was a club rotten to the core at the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here